Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weekend after Thanksgiving I bought some 11-14 style door panels that I wanted to try to put in my car over the winter.

When I got the, the passenger side one had some damage that was not from shipping (had a gash in the plastic right at the top of the panel, back edge was distressed like it had been bent weird). None of this had been pictured in the auction.

I sent the seller a message about the damage and that it hadn't been pictured. The guy said "Send me some pictures and I will work with you some on the price." So, I took some pictures and send them to him and he says "I see what you're talking about, would $75 be OK?" I wasn't even expecting that much so I said sure, that sounds great!

Didn't hear anything back from him for a couple days. I sent a message and asked what the status was. He said "I wasn't able to pull the paypal transaction up through ebay, can you text your paypal address to xxx-xxx-xxxx?" I didn't really understand why he was asking for a text but I sent it to him. He didn't ask to send any other information with it so I just said "Hey my paypal address is blah blah blah." Again, silence on his end.

Yesterday I sent a text and said hey, I never heard anything from you, whats the deal? He said I don't know who this is, I get tons of texts every day, yadda yadda. So I told him who I was and he said "OK, I had no way to link the paypal address with a transaction" (I don't even know how that could be true).

So I said, do you need any other information from me? He says "Nah, I just needed the paypal address." I said ok, sorry, I thought you had more of my information. I got nothing else from him the rest of the day, no more messages, no refund emails.

SOOOOO that brings us to today. I'm starting to think this guy is just stringing me along. It's been a week since he offered a partial refund and I've seen nothing of it. I sent him another text this morning asking the status and stating that it had been a week since his offer, and just to be sure I gave him my name and what it was pertaining to, and I have not heard anything from him yet.

So what should I do if the guy offered a refund and now won't follow through? Should I file a paypal claim? I don't even know.

TL;DR Bought door panels, they had damage, seller offered partial refund and has been flaking on me ever since.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
The weekend after Thanksgiving I bought some 11-14 style door panels that I wanted to try to put in my car over the winter.

When I got the, the passenger side one had some damage that was not from shipping (had a gash in the plastic right at the top of the panel, back edge was distressed like it had been bent weird). None of this had been pictured in the auction.

I sent the seller a message about the damage and that it hadn't been pictured. The guy said "Send me some pictures and I will work with you some on the price." So, I took some pictures and send them to him and he says "I see what you're talking about, would $75 be OK?" I wasn't even expecting that much so I said sure, that sounds great!

Didn't hear anything back from him for a couple days. I sent a message and asked what the status was. He said "I wasn't able to pull the paypal transaction up through ebay, can you text your paypal address to xxx-xxx-xxxx?" I didn't really understand why he was asking for a text but I sent it to him. He didn't ask to send any other information with it so I just said "Hey my paypal address is blah blah blah." Again, silence on his end.

Yesterday I sent a text and said hey, I never heard anything from you, whats the deal? He said I don't know who this is, I get tons of texts every day, yadda yadda. So I told him who I was and he said "OK, I had no way to link the paypal address with a transaction" (I don't even know how that could be true).

So I said, do you need any other information from me? He says "Nah, I just needed the paypal address." I said ok, sorry, I thought you had more of my information. I got nothing else from him the rest of the day, no more messages, no refund emails.

SOOOOO that brings us to today. I'm starting to think this guy is just stringing me along. It's been a week since he offered a partial refund and I've seen nothing of it. I sent him another text this morning asking the status and stating that it had been a week since his offer, and just to be sure I gave him my name and what it was pertaining to, and I have not heard anything from him yet.

So what should I do if the guy offered a refund and now won't follow through? Should I file a paypal claim? I don't even know.

TL;DR Bought door panels, they had damage, seller offered partial refund and has been flaking on me ever since.
Report it to Paypal, show them the original ad and the damaged panels, and let them get you the refund.
Then leave him bad feedback on Ebay if that goes slowly.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Report it to Paypal, show them the original ad and the damaged panels, and let them get you the refund.
Then leave him bad feedback on Ebay if that goes slowly.
This.

I read a lot about how eBay generally protects the buyers more than sellers which, in this case, is a good thing. The item that your received was not what was depicted, so you should have a good case for a refund.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
I believe there is a time limit to file those claims. He is probably stringing you along until it's too late. File the claim and leave bad feedback as suggested. You did more then i would have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts