Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, sorry for posting twice but not sure where to post. just wondering if anyone has had any experience testing subwoofer set ups in a 99-04 GT coupe.

i have 2 jl 10w3v3s powered by an alpine pdx m6 digital amp that i want to make a custom box for but cant decide if i want them facing each other, facing the front, or the back.

right now I am looking at 3 options,

1. one similar to the zenclosures box. two subs pressed up against the back seats and firing backwards into the trunk. i like this one because it saves some space and looks neat.

2. getting two separate fiberglass enclosures that will be located in the two corners of the trunk (right by where the tail lights are) and have the subs facing up/the front of the car. this will help save space the best as i can still put down the rear seats and have an even larger trunk space.

3. same as #2 but have the subs facing each other.

my only concern is i want good quality, clean and full bass and I don't want the trunk or car to rattle. also, I would like to save trunk space if possible.

if anyone could help me with their experience, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have one kicker comp vr15 and a memphis 1000d amp. I have mine all the way up at the back seat firing toward the seat. It will hit harder in my experience if you face it toward the rear. My thing was I wanted to hear bass and not my trunk spoiler license plate etc. rattling. Nothing is more annoying than hearing someone with a system and it rattles the car louder than you can hear the bass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i am the same and i do like my space too. my friend suggested that i have the two custom once for space and also because that would probably sound better because the low bass of the frequency is a lot farther than the highs so you want it as far from you as possible for "smaller cars". my only concern is by doing that i'm not sure if it would make the trunk rattle as it is right by the trunk latch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so my thoughts were to have two custom enclosures at the end of the trunk by the tail lights and try to face them forward as much as possible? not sure if that would work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im sure that will work and if it does rattle you can always dynamat it. Usually spilled licenseplate and bottom of rear bumper cover is what will rattle. Build your box how you want it and fix the rattles as you figure out where they're coming from. If it hits hard. Something is going to rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts