Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody told me that i have to notch my stock pistons for the twisted wegde heads to work since they have an offset valve so they need to be double fly cut is this true? and if it is whatt are my options for heads without having to notch my pistons?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
no, the fact theyre "twisted wedge" is why you can get the 2.02" intake valve to work with stock reliefs. Your friend is a retard

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm....ok man yea i wasn't too positive on having to do that

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea and i was just thinking about ordering their 360hp top end kit and wanted to be sure if it would work with bone stock pistons and a bone stock block...just didnt wana buy it and find out i have more work for them to work properly.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Somebody told me that i have to notch my stock pistons for the twisted wegde heads to work since they have an offset valve so they need to be double fly cut is this true? and if it is whatt are my options for heads without having to notch my pistons?
Depends on your valve events ..... And of course ptv clearances...

Here is my pistons I did for my tw heads....

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Always check PTV but TW will most likely work w/o fly cutting but always check. What cam are you going to run?

I was told I can run TW with the TFS stage 2 cam and still be ok. most people on this forum know this guy and he is far from retarded.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
um was just guna run an out of the box cam like the anderson n-51 or trickflow stage one or stage two camshaft....but a lot of people say talk to jay allen bout a custom ground cam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.