Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been watching videos of people with T-45 stangs with short throws and they can pull straight through the gears with out stopping in between. My tranny wont do that. It needs to stop in neutral between shifts or else it wont except it which is really annoying. Like i cant just pull it straight through, so power shifting is impossible. Is this something to do with my syncros? The tranny feels like fantastic if you are driving it nicely. But when you go hard on it it really wont shift fast..

·
Registered
3,214 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Oh I would say probably something in your trans then. Some shifters are notchier than others but the stock should be fairly smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Syncro's, mine does the same. I can rip gears really fast but ill get a good grind if i power shift it. There for why im rebuilding it this spring.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Syncro's, mine does the same. I can rip gears really fast but ill get a good grind if i power shift it. There for why im rebuilding it this spring.
whats the going rate on a tranny rebuild? Is it possible to DIY with some basic skills?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
whats the going rate on a tranny rebuild? Is it possible to DIY with some basic skills?
Search on YouTube. There is a pretty good rebuild video which will give you an idea

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
My stock shifter had no notchiness at all but this tri-ax is terrible for it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My stock shifter had no notchiness at all but this tri-ax is terrible for it.
I think it got better with my Pro Ripper, my stock one still felt notchy though

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-45 | www.hanlonmotorsports.com

I believe the rebuild kit is 400-450 and the refresh kit is around 230 if im not mistaken. This will be my first tranny rebuild so ill let you know. :lol
haha its like legos!

Im just scared im going to track it next year with my PI swap and cams and its going to take a dump on me...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts