Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay a few days ago I posted in a thread about a Guy selling me his p1 for $1100, to make a long story short he decided to keep it.
but now.. an old friend from school showed up to my job recently and asked about hoe my cad was doing.. small talk really and he said he could get parts I wanted for a good deal if I asked. A few days later I ask about a supercharger and he's telling me he has a friend selling one he never got to put on and tells me its a brand new novi 2000 injectors and all for only $1200. I've never really done much research on them since I was leaning towards a vortech. But are they good blowers? Its gonna be put in my DD during the summer. He's giving me until the end of December to decide if I want it so I need all the info I can get about them.

He's supposed to be sending pics later, ill post when I get them

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'd pick it up for sure.

What injectors is it coming with?

and yea vortech owns paxton.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would definitely buy it. Novi 2000 is comparable to a t trim or a d1sc

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
ya, i think vortech owns paxton to. Wicked96gt just put his on i think hes running about 10lbs throught their intercooler and a built engine making just under 500.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd pick it up for sure.

What injectors is it coming with?

and yea vortech owns paxton.
He says 42lb injectors, still waiting on pics -.-

My friend hasn't told me too much about it yet, just that its brand new and come with everything needed. How can I tell if its for our cars? He is really into 5.0s and so is the crowd he hangs with. If it is for a 5.0 could I buy a different bracket to make it work?

·
Registered
972 Posts
If its from a foxbody...

"You actually need a reverse rotation supercharger for your car, if you look at a Novi kit for your car the pulley is mounted towards the backside of the engine which is opposite of how a 5.0 blower would be mounted. Basically it would cost more to try to make it work than it would be worth. Plus I don't think there is enough room to mount the blower with the pulley towards the front, that's why all of the manufacturers mounted them backwards on 99+ Stangs (and I think 96-98 also)."
-Some dude on another forum

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
:shiftyeyesgood blower buy it...or send me his number

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
He says 42lb injectors, still waiting on pics -.-

My friend hasn't told me too much about it yet, just that its brand new and come with everything needed. How can I tell if its for our cars? He is really into 5.0s and so is the crowd he hangs with. If it is for a 5.0 could I buy a different bracket to make it work?
Just find out what year mustang he had the kit on and go from there! Since you mentioned he is only into 5.0s and someone mentioned the the different rotation of those blowers vs the ones that mount onto our cars.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yes buy it! Great blower :)

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
A NOVI 2000 was what I was going to go with before I settled on the 5.4 swap. They are owned and buoy by Vortech. A 2000 is the equivalent of a V2 SQ. Go for it if it fits your car.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts