Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Got my exhaust installed and got some new Nitto Summer performance tires for 87 a piece from the shop.

Some things I have thought about doing.
Taking my stock Mustang rims and powder coat black what do you guys think of that???? Just somethin I thought about idk if it will look good or not. The mustang center caps wont be on idk how well paint holds to that type of plastic.

Gauges, I searched around and this is what I have that I want to get

Fuel Pressure Electric
Oil Pressure Electric
A/F Ratio with Wideband(since I have a upgraded exhaust I can do that Myself.)
Pyro Gauge Electric

About Install

A/F seems simple use the rear 02 bung on my Xpipe and then give it a 12v power source then done right? I dont have to tap into the ECU or the other sensors other than the wideband that comes with it.

Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure what is needed?

Would the pyro be the same as the A/F?? and do they come with gauges?

What

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Check out the IMFD gauges i sell. With the appropriate modules you can have all of that on a super cool fully programmable gauge. You can't run the WO2 in the rear bung if you have cats. The pyro should ideally go about 1" off of the exhaust ports, but i put mine at the end of the headers. It will still give a useful measurement. Pyro is worthless without a WO2.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have to check that out then all I need is 1 gauge pod and put it on the steering column. With that gauge would I need 2 different WO2? 1 for pyro 1 for a/f correct?

I have a Cated shorty Xpipe only cause state laws, but I may just add 2 more bungs for sensors. But idk yet. I can use the stock rear sensors right??? I can just delete them from the system and tap into them correct?

Edit: Instead of deleting them can I just tap into the rear sensors with out any problems?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I had bad experince with PLX before, just bad service and they wouldnt replace a broken item they sold to me as well. But eventually they replaced it.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I have had no issues with plx quality. I've only had one customer that had an issue and plx fixed it right away with no problem. Maybe it was a while back when they sold the R series? Anyway pyro is not an AF gauge. Read more about EGT here. Its best just to weld in new bungs for the WO2 and the EGT sensor.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah ok. So what is needed for that device? I see alot of add ons for it. unless those are stand alones.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awsome
I definetly get one when I get some money. thanks for the info!

Is it easy to install cause I might as well do it myself.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
The install is real easy (at least for me). The hardest part is drilling a hole in the firewall to pass the wideband wires through. Just double and triple check you dont drill thru anything. Then you just hook up power and plug everything together. If you have a welder you can weld the bung in, if not, any exhaust shop can do it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can get a shop to do the bung not hard. Wiring is easy for me as long it tells me what wires then im good. As long I dont mess with the ECU im fine I hate messing with the wires on that thing so many.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts