Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after almost overheating my stang, installing my transmission, exhaust leaks, almost blowing the clutch and new tranny, taking it out again and reinstalling it, it was finally beasting again with fresh coolant ,no leaks and transmission/clutch 100% efficient.

Now my starter wont turn over :crazy i went to turn on the car and it just would not turn over! why, someone tell me whyyy!

·
Registered
971 Posts
What condition is your battery in, had similar trouble with my car. Thought it was the starter but had a dead cell in the battery. May be something to look at.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
what was the final verdict on the clutch/trans problem?

If your weather is anything like ours (mid 30's at night mid 70's during the day) then your battery may be on its last leg with it getting cold at night

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its 70 here and im cold. I love florida :D

The tranny and clutch is fixed we re did everything and my car is smoother than it ever was. The clutch is also a hell of a lot softer and more fun to drive!

Its not that battery or starter, i think its the ignition. When I put in the key it wont turn at all. It wont even turn over to seeif the gauges work. The battery is fine, everything has power and nothing seems out of place. Can my igniton be the problem?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i'm really not questioning your intelligence here, BUT, i have picked up my dad's expedition keys before not paying attention and realized it when mine wouldnt turn... could be a possible similar scenario? if the key wont even turn, its definately something in the ignition

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha its okay man i questioned myself too and made sure they were my keys and not my moms v6 lol.

not sure if other people have had this problem too, but once in a while when i try to turn the ignition, it does seem to get stuck. It just took a little extra umph, usually when the steering wheel was locked because i tried turning it while it was off. At first I thought it was this, but no matter how hard I turn and force it the ignition wont turn over.
I dont know, when I get home in a few hours ill undo the battery for a few minutes, maybe i'll get lucky and that will somehow help :confused

·
Registered
922 Posts
Its because you got 3.73s instead of 4.10s like you should have!

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
its because you touch yourself haha no it could be you ignition switch in the car

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Is it the original key? Or did it have a replacement made. I have seen newly made ford keys that are just realy picky for awhile, until they get a little wore.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
if not take the trim off and halfway down the colomn is the actual switch if i'm not mistaken.. two torx bits and pull it off and see if you can move the lil lever

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lmao 373's > 410's for my setup!

haha ill take a good whack, it deserves it anyways.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my buddy told me to rock the steering wheel back and forth then try the key! and wala it worked!! i was SO close to hammering that btch lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Haha, so you locked your steering wheel, thought you said you checked that :p

FYI, turning your steering wheel when the car is off will lock it in place, and also locks your ignition. To fix, shake wheel back and fourth and it unlocks.:D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i did, but like i said usually it just takes a little umph, not completely shaking the wheel lol! i just waxed and polished my rims and tires. i effing love my car!!! :D

no more annoyance ftw!!

saying ftw ftw!!!!

FTW!!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
lol... wow... you can pull the tranny and change the clutch but the locking steering wheel bandit kicks your ass! lol... im just pickin man.. it gets everyone at one point in time...... well... hasn't gotten me... ha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts