Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold the durango and bought an 86 LX for my new DD. went to look at it and it's the original owner selling. starts and runs great. completely stock except for the cat back was replaced. as of now i've stripped the interior, sanded down some surface rust, and primered those places. dying the stained gray carpet black till we can buy a black interior kit.

after two cleanings w/ simple green

found a few friends when removing interior. 2 were still alive

my wife doing her first tune up ever. grease up to her elbows

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you just got a lot cooler

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only fox i have ever been interested in owning was an 85/86 GT. this one of course isn't the GT, but will do very nicely. from what i understand there were in comparison very few LX 5.0's to GT's. wonder how many could be had in such stock form now. this thing still has the smog pump on and working. that along with the factory tape player and speakers that work perfectly. i think i'll leave it just as stock as i found it. any thoughts on that

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I think you should repaint it the same color. Re-do the interior stock colors or black. Keep the 10 holes. H/C/I, exhaust, gears, done. Oh, and clean up the engine bay!

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first order is absolutely paint and interior. since this one is a dd most of the money for toys will still go to the 07. already have heads, cams, gears, intake, truetrac, blah blah blah. nitrous kit sitting in the shed to install.

·
meh
5,272 Posts
Awesome score! And yes there were less 5.0 LX cars compared to GTs... and even fewer 5.0 LX notchbacks.

·
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
paid 1800 for it. i'm sure i could have found a much nicer one for a bit more, but at the same time it would likely have been used and abused. buying from the original owner is what sold me on it.

·
meh
5,272 Posts
Original owner cars (especially a fox) are hard to come by these days. 1800 is great for an unmolested, solid, 1 owner fox.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
From experience owning three 86's..............

Sem graphite is your new friend.....

Take every interior plastic piece clean it real good and shoot it with the SEM Graphite....New carpet,new headliner and steam clean the seats.....Will be like a new car for 200 total bux

1 - 20 of 23 Posts