Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie, I recently traded up for a 96 Mustang GT, it was supposedly rebuilt recently but not sure i trust that, so im going to say it has 125000 miles, Compression is good 125 in all cylinders, I was told to do the NPI to PI swap, I have the heads stock cams, and intake already, my question is: Has anyone had any issue with spinning bearings when doing this swap, with higher compression and all? Thank you

·
Registered
380 Posts
No, you won't have any issues.
what he said .
IHMO I would find another motor and swap it in rather than doin a head swap , you should be able to find a cheap 4.6 in yard for less than $300 and that is worth the price vs leaning over the fenders doin a head swap . Just sayin.....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
what he said .
IHMO I would find another motor and swap it in rather than doin a head swap , you should be able to find a cheap 4.6 in yard for less than $300 and that is worth the price vs leaning over the fenders doin a head swap . Just sayin.....
This would be good if you can find one that cheap....

Where i Live they actually dont exist. This is what i wanted to do but i couldn't find one....

You car will be fine and if you aren't planning to do anything extreme to it a PI swap will make more power than a PI engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts