1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nu-Finish has a lot of products and they seem to have decent reviews online, but has anyone used them? Im looking for something to take the swirls outta my clear coat and thought they might have something to help.... any input about products youve used from them?

Nu Finish | Scratch Doctor | Nu Vinyl | Car Polish | Car Wax | Car Wash | Scratch Remover | Rapid Dry | Reed-Union
Well I have actually used their Nu Finish "Scratch Doctor" ...it doesnt work very well on any scratches, it only sort of fades them out but they eventually come back. This might sound funny but this product is actually amazing at taking out bird poop lol and scuff marks...hope this helps :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dude just use an orbital buffer and polish, then the orbital buffer and some wax you won't see any swirls after that. Put the polish on by hand and use the orbital to take it off then put the wax on by hand and again using the orbital to take it off.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i always see and read about people using all sorts of products to detail their
cars. my theory is that all you need is a good quality wax (i like carnuba) and a good quality polish. I like maguairs products wax polish orbital buffer and you are set and will get excellent results. Ifyour eperienced in compounding your results will be far better.

I myself suck at compounding thats why i use the orbital buffer.

heres a list of what i used to detail my stang last time

1.) turtle wax f21 wheel cleaner
2.) turtle wax f21 interior protectant ( somewhat same as armor-all)
3.) turtle wax f21 foam tire shine in a can
4.) turtle wax f21 polish
5.) meguairs tech wax ( blue odd shaped bottle )
6.) bucket + micro fiber sponge
&.) fill the bucket with dish soap, or car wash soap, i really don't think it matters what kind of soap you use and i don't think dish soap harms the paint.
* note * i never ever use the foam brushes at a carwash i think they do more harm than anything use your own clean water bucket! bucket
but the main product that takes out the swirls is the polish and the orbital buffer. here's a shot of my car after i did it last time!

I'm actually thinking of starting my own mobile detail business after this winter is over, i used to detail at a chevy dealership back in the day and i liked doing that work.I may try my hand at tinting too!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
When will this end...

You are not compounding or polishing unless you are using true polishes with actual abrasives... 99% of OTC products contain fillers, which means, that your swirl marks are going to reappear after about 5 car washes.

A true compound can ruin your paint if not careful, escpecially with a rotary buffer. Turtle Wax products are garbage and mask every problem... Nu-Finish is even worse.

Do it right. Buy the right stuff. Go to autogeek.net or autopia.org and do your research.

If you aren't using a PC7424 or a rotary buffer, you not detailing, your just hiding the problems. True detailing FIXES the problems. It's people that think your style of detailing is the right way that makes it so hard for people liek weems and I to get real detailing jobs. Because they don't know any better and think that your methods are the correct way... Polishing by hand or compounding by hand are completely forbidden and will do nothing but cause more scratches. Your hand cannot generate enough heat for true paint correction.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When will this end...

You are not compounding or polishing unless you are using true polishes with actual abrasives... 99% of OTC products contain fillers, which means, that your swirl marks are going to reappear after about 5 car washes.

A true compound can ruin your paint if not careful, escpecially with a rotary buffer. Turtle Wax products are garbage and mask every problem... Nu-Finish is even worse.

Do it right. Buy the right stuff. Go to autogeek.net or autopia.org and do your research.

If you aren't using a PC7424 or a rotary buffer, you not detailing, your just hiding the problems. True detailing FIXES the problems. It's people that think your style of detailing is the right way that makes it so hard for people liek weems and I to get real detailing jobs. Because they don't know any better and think that your methods are the correct way... Polishing by hand or compounding by hand are completely forbidden and will do nothing but cause more scratches. Your hand cannot generate enough heat for true paint correction.
Bro you didn't even read my post? i said if he were to use a regular buffer his results would be far better. I never even said to hand wax just to apply the wax and polish by hand then use an orbital buffer to take the wax and polish off. Also i never said my way was correct. Atm i donot own an orbital buffer, if i did then i would be compounding at the start of every detail on my car. You are correct that a rotary buffer is superior and takes all the **** out of the paint but dude i never said to hand wax.

Nobodys way is the right way not even mine:D. I detailed professionally for chevrolet, but i don't know everything ;). I just know my paint is smooth as glass and i can see my self in it and there aren't any swirl marks. It may not be free of every little particle of dirt and debris but hey when i run the back of my hand over the paint it's ****ing smooooooooooth man!!! Next your going to tell me and the op we need to go out and buy a clay bar right M;K!!!Over-polishing Your Car's Paint
Take Care of Your Car's Paint Job = check out #4 and#5
( notice what this guy says about swirl marks produced by the machine polishing process

*note* i never heard of a clay bar till i joined MM!!!:lmao

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info guys, I dont have a buffer on hand but Ill start looking around for some nicely priced kits to get me started!

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Bro you didn't even read my post? i said if he were to use a regular buffer his results would be far better. I never even said to hand wax just to apply the wax and polish by hand then use an orbital buffer to take the wax and polish off. Also i never said my way was correct. Atm i donot own an orbital buffer, if i did then i would be compounding at the start of every detail on my car. You are correct that a rotary buffer is superior and takes all the **** out of the paint but dude i never said to hand wax.

Nobodys way is the right way not even mine:D. I detailed professionally for chevrolet, but i don't know everything ;). I just know my paint is smooth as glass and i can see my self in it and there aren't any swirl marks. It may not be free of every little particle of dirt and debris but hey when i run the back of my hand over the paint it's ****ing smooooooooooth man!!! Next your going to tell me and the op we need to go out and buy a clay bar right M;K!!!Over-polishing Your Car's Paint
YouTube- Polish Car - Remove Swirl Marks ( notice what this guy says about swirl marks produced by the machine polishing process

Lmfao, dude, to be so wrong you are pretty arrogant. Zinc is right, and you my friend are not a detailer. I won't even go into detail about the dumb comments you made, but you need to go read up on some detailing forums.

A rotary with an aggressive compound/pad will leave micromarring behind, but thats why you go back over them with a lesser polish/pad combo or pc7424 and get rid of them.

Professional detailer for chevy? Ever wonder why most people request that their new cars that they order NOT be washed before they take delivery?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts

YouTube- Polish Car - Remove Swirl Marks ( notice what this guy says about swirl marks produced by the machine polishing process

Actually, there IS a right way to detail dude. I detail my cars correctly. While no, I do not use a rotary, I make my PC7424 work to get the job done the right way after. A PC in the right hands and after quite a bit of practice can be almost as good as a rotary, but there are always the few things that only rotary buffers can do.

True compounding creates swirls. If you knew anything about detailing with a compound, you would know that a compound just creates a level surface for you to follow up with. If there are severe swirls/semi-deep scratch, you need to basically level off the area and that is what a compound is doing. Some compounds are becoming more advanced like Menzerna's POS34A. It can actually be followed up by a simple light polish because it contains a dimishing abrasive that dimishes after X amount of heat has been generated. It acts as 2 polishes in one, but most detailers want to do it right the first time and follow up with the PO203 and then with a PO85RD.

There is a true science to detailing and it's alot more complex than you'd think. That's why people like myself and weems, as well as quite a few others on this forum, can be paid $15+ an hour to detail a car.

You obviously learned the wrong way because again, there IS a right way to detail a car.

·
Registered
722 Posts
When will this end...

I agree with these statements: so why are we arguing?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Actually, there IS a right way to detail dude. I detail my cars correctly. While no, I do not use a rotary, I make my PC7424 work to get the job done the right way after. A PC in the right hands and after quite a bit of practice can be almost as good as a rotary, but there are always the few things that only rotary buffers can do.

True compounding creates swirls. If you knew anything about detailing with a compound, you would know that a compound just creates a level surface for you to follow up with. If there are severe swirls/semi-deep scratch, you need to basically level off the area and that is what a compound is doing. Some compounds are becoming more advanced like Menzerna's POS34A. It can actually be followed up by a simple light polish because it contains a dimishing abrasive that dimishes after X amount of heat has been generated. It acts as 2 polishes in one, but most detailers want to do it right the first time and follow up with the PO203 and then with a PO85RD.

There is a true science to detailing and it's alot more complex than you'd think. That's why people like myself and weems, as well as quite a few others on this forum, can be paid $15+ an hour to detail a car.

You obviously learned the wrong way because again, there IS a right way to detail a car.
and i also like this one!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i always see and read about people using all sorts of products to detail their
cars. my theory is that all you need is a good quality wax (i like carnuba) and a good quality polish. I like maguairs products wax polish orbital buffer and you are set and will get excellent results. Ifyour eperienced in compounding your results will be far better.

I myself suck at compounding thats why i use the orbital buffer.

heres a list of what i used to detail my stang last time

1.) turtle wax f21 wheel cleaner
2.) turtle wax f21 interior protectant ( somewhat same as armor-all)
3.) turtle wax f21 foam tire shine in a can
4.) turtle wax f21 polish
5.) meguairs tech wax ( blue odd shaped bottle )
6.) bucket + micro fiber sponge
&.) fill the bucket with dish soap, or car wash soap, i really don't think it matters what kind of soap you use and i don't think dish soap harms the paint.
* note * i never ever use the foam brushes at a carwash i think they do more harm than anything use your own clean water bucket! bucket
but the main product that takes out the swirls is the polish and the orbital buffer. here's a shot of my car after i did it last time!

I'm actually thinking of starting my own mobile detail business after this winter is over, i used to detail at a chevy dealership back in the day and i liked doing that work.I may try my hand at tinting too!

The bolded areas are why we are 'arguing'... I'm just trying to say that you trying to tell somebody how to detail a car the wrong way is like somebody trying to tell another person that they need to change the spark plugs in their diesel truck. Get what I'm saying?

It also seems as though you didn't read the other words that followed the "compounding creates swirls"... They do that to level the area off and to create a workable area. Read a little more about detailing and you might find that one out...

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Thorough, I saw your deleted post, and let me just tell you that you are still wrong. Different items all together.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts