Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a check engine light for a misfire on #5 piston. Took it to a shop and found out that the piston cracked. Dealer won't cover it due to the mods in the sig and the Bama tune. Kinda bummed. And kinda out a few grand. And kinda have an angry wife. Shop thinks it might be the tune that caused it. Having the engine built with forged internals for boost in the future and getting it dyno tuned. Sort of a silver lining. Ok end sad post.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bama by American Muscle. Gotta contact them about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Don't they have a warranty (bama) on motors? Push that.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Warranty covers failures on cup 8 only, if I remember the verbage correctly. Plus you have to show proof of never being tuned by someone else, and always running the octane fuel its tuned for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course. How the hell would you even prove that? And yeah I thought it was #8 only as well.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
It is for #8 only, and you couldn't ever prove that, hence why I think people are so stupid when they say "I went with Bama for the engine warranty". I always think "LOL OK!!!!".

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Hahaahaha....Only if you can cause the earth to turn in it's opposite rotation can you get that one warrantied out.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
That's pathetic. If it was in fact tune related. Good luck op, hopefully you can catch a break

·
13,573 Posts
This sucks man And I hate your having to deal with this, but it is a risk we are all willing take for the al mighty Power. I would definitely use this as an opportunity to upgrade while its all apart.

In the past I have tried to find loop holes in the law regarding situations like this, but computer modifications is an argument that cant be won as well as adding FI systems to vehicles under a factory warranty.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Our V2 tunes should eliminate any cracked piston issues.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts