Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into the 3v plate setup but I have some questions. I know I will need the HT0 plugs but what gap for them. I will be running some form of window switch. What kind will be a good one? Will I need bigger injectors or fuel pump for the 100 shot ? Any and all advice would be great. Thank you

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
no pump required for the 100 shot...yes on the HT0's take my word!. MSD makes a variety of window switches...i went with a digital one. as far as gapping...just make sure they are all gapped the same before you put them in...go from there based on performance. GET A TUNE!!! from a reputable shop...im in the market for one as well.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have my plugs gapped at .032 with the 100 shot. as far as the window switch try to stick with the same brand that you get your system from, they all make the window switches now.if you install the system yourself set your window switch to spray after 2500 RPM. Mine is set to start spraying at 3000 and up to 6000.
You don't need any fuel upgrades for the 100 shot, just make sure you have at least 1/4 or more of gas when you do. and if you have an AUTO NEVER spray in overdrive.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07 procharger, I seen your plug. I hope its all good.
Kenneth, I was thinking setting the window at locking out 1st gear setting the rpms at 3200-6000 w/ my rev limit set at 6500 . Am i on the right track, never used nitrous be for.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
07 procharger, I seen your plug. I hope its all good.
Kenneth, I was thinking setting the window at locking out 1st gear setting the rpms at 3200-6000 w/ my rev limit set at 6500 . Am i on the right track, never used nitrous be for.

Mine is set to lock out first gear also so I would say that is a good idea it gives you a chance to get good traction.
For the window switch mine is set for 3000 start and 6000 stop the tranny is set to shift at 6200.I don't want it to spray though the shifts.
IMO 6500 may be a little high, pretty close to the rev limiter.
Also my car is a AUTO.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
no i think yours is plenty good...you actually got a 100 shot off without grenading your plugs!!! LOL how many passes on the 100 shot have you made, and how often do you pull your plugs?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
so far I've run 2 15lb. bottles with these plugs and pulled them once after the first bottle to check them and clean them up a little.
I mostly run it at the track with a shot or two on the street, I usually get about 7-8 passes at the track with each bottle and right now I'm on my 4th bottle.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
awsome with no problems with plugs huh...you have 4 degrees pulled out right?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
oh i get it ...kick a guy while he is down huh? LOL

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
awsome with no problems with plugs huh...you have 4 degrees pulled out right?

Yes 4* pulled on the Nitrous tune, Mine was Dyno tuned. The base Nitrous tune was made by Doug/Bamachips all my tuner had to do was make a couple adjustments for my mods.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
how does the car run off nitrous with that tune?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
sweet ill give doug a call...and wait

My tune is not a canned tune the way I got it was about 6 months ago they had a dyno day at dynojoe's shop in houston with bamachips,stanghi, dynojoe. They had one car that already had nitrous on it being dynoed that uses my local tuner, stanghi, the tuner kept a copy of the tune and when I had the nitrous installed on my car he used the same tune and made a few adjustments for the mods I had that the other car didn't.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts