Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I have a love/hate for NYC having lived here my whole life, but there is A LOT to do. Food, Sports, Cars, Nightlife, Beer, Museums, Women, and this summer there will be a 1000ft water slide set up somewhere lol.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
LA sucks. Like others have said. Its nothing glorified like the movies. There are homeless everywhere. San diego is far better. My vote is east coast cities, mostly because I haven't been and I want to go. lol

There are plenty of beautiful places in Cali to visit on the coast though. You can stay in San Diego or Laguna, then take PCH up or down the coast to visit other places. Laguna is one of my favorite beaches to go spearfishing. San Diego has Mission Beach and Coronado Island. You could also consider taking the ferry out to Avalon on Catalina Island for a day and check out our home away from home. I think its about $60-70 round trip.

If you go to LA, there's Long Beach, which is fun to walk, or Venice Beach which is also known as muscle beach. If you go to LA, you might as well go the extra distance to Santa Monica, and experience that city (and avoid LA lol). Which is really fun.

Finally, I'm from around here, so that automatically makes it cool. :lol

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Haha ok, cool. Good info. That's kind've what my mom said. She loves California AND LA, but did tell me not to have expectations for LA because of reasons that have been mentioned by many of you. I just wanna see where my mom grew up.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
NYC is huge. You should stick to times square area if you go. Keep in mind. 50-60% of the people in NYC during the day are from Jersey....
PLEASE tell me you're being 150% sarcastic?! Dude...you've got to be joking.

Absolutely not.

EXPLORE NYC.

Explore Central Park, explore the Financial District and the rich history of that area, explore Union Square, Washington Square Park, the East Village, the Meatpacking District, the Highline, Coney Island, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the cuisines and amazing food of Astoria, Restaurant Row and Hells Kitchen in Manhattan, The USS Intrepid, I literally could go on and on...

Times Square and the Statue of Liberty are for tourists who are lazy and just want the regular touristy NY experience. The rest of that **** is what makes NYC amazing and what makes it such a cool experience. Times Square is awful dude.

Yes, see it. Experience it. But go explore the city. It's an amazing place and it's much better when you get away from the street barkers and the foreign tourists who don't understand that our sidewalks are our highways and you can't just stop with your damn selfie stick in the middle of the sidewalk. :bash:

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm the type to go off of the "normal path" and explore, so that would be my likely choice.
Second, I will bring my go pro :shiftyeyes

When I travel, my goal is to FEEL the culture of wherever it is. My goal isn't to get a picture with a common landmark and call it a day. Obviously there are some things that must be seen, but that isn't to be overinvested in.

PLUS- This hot-ass chick I know from ATL is going to be in NYC during the week I'm hopefully going on this trip. She "suggested" we hangout :naughty: ... Not saying I'm going there for sure yet, but that is as enticing as anything :lmao

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
If you're not dead set on visiting a major city, I'd recommend Monterey, CA and see an event at Laguna Seca. It's beautiful up that way, especially down 7 mile drive. When I lived in Monterey, I went all up and down the west coast seeing everything I could. I hated the cities with a passion (no surprise) but loved seeing death valley, Yosemite, vineyards in Norcal, several Laguna Seca events, and got to Scuba dive in Monterey bay as well.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
If you're not dead set on visiting a major city, I'd recommend Monterey, CA and see an event at Laguna Seca. It's beautiful up that way, especially down 7 mile drive. When I lived in Monterey, I went all up and down the west coast seeing everything I could. I hated the cities with a passion (no surprise) but loved seeing death valley, Yosemite, vineyards in Norcal, several Laguna Seca events, and got to Scuba dive in Monterey bay as well.
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I'm the type to go off of the "normal path" and explore, so that would be my likely choice.
Second, I will bring my go pro :shiftyeyes

When I travel, my goal is to FEEL the culture of wherever it is. My goal isn't to get a picture with a common landmark and call it a day. Obviously there are some things that must be seen, but that isn't to be overinvested in.

PLUS- This hot-ass chick I know from ATL is going to be in NYC during the week I'm hopefully going on this trip. She "suggested" we hangout :naughty: ... Not saying I'm going there for sure yet, but that is as enticing as anything :lmao
Don't try to feel anyone in NYC, they will beat you up :whackylol:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
:lmao #truth

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
NY, Boston, or LA (& surrounding areas)?

Why not San Francisco instead of LA? I've never been there myself, but I've always imagined San Fran being a cooler, nicer place to visit than LA. New Orleans could be interesting as well (if you're under 21 maybe not as much).

Under 21? Can you see over the bar? If yes. You can get served.

Also San Fran is awesome. That place is amazing

·
Administrator
33,193 Posts
northern california in general is just a cool place IMO. i really like the whole atmosphere of the place. but not enough to ever live there lol

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
As someone who lives in the greater LA area, I always encourage people to travel here. In terms of pure entertainment, LA is virtually unrivaled. Amusement parks, Hollywood, DTLA, South Beach/Manhattan Beach (my personal favorite LA beach area), Venice Beach/Santa Monica, and the Peterson Automotive Museum.

San Diego is also awesome. The Mission Beach and Pacific Beach areas are by far my favorite. Tons of girls, bars and bike paths to cruise. Gas Lamp District downtown is also awesome, but keep your head on a swivel, it's dark secret is violence and missing persons. PetCo Park is not to be missed, combining the old school charm of Fenway, with the back drop of the beach.

I went to Boston a few years back to catch the Dodgers play the Sox at Fenway for an interleague game and the return of Manny. Boston was tons of fun with great food and great bars, tons of history and not so hot girls.

Visit the west coast and see why it is the best coast. Nothing beats a SoCal sunset on the beach or a Friday night Dodger game (Friday night fireworks) and Vin on the radio.

·
Registered
22,811 Posts
As someone who lives in the greater LA area, I always encourage people to travel here. In terms of pure entertainment, LA is virtually unrivaled. Amusement parks, Hollywood, DTLA, South Beach/Manhattan Beach (my personal favorite LA beach area), Venice Beach/Santa Monica, and the Peterson Automotive Museum.

San Diego is also awesome. The Mission Beach and Pacific Beach areas are by far my favorite. Tons of girls, bars and bike paths to cruise. Gas Lamp District downtown is also awesome, but keep your head on a swivel, it's dark secret is violence and missing persons. PetCo Park is not to be missed, combining the old school charm of Fenway, with the back drop of the beach.

I went to Boston a few years back to catch the Dodgers play the Sox at Fenway for an interleague game and the return of Manny. Boston was tons of fun with great food and great bars, tons of history and not so hot girls.

Visit the west coast and see why it is the best coast. Nothing beats a SoCal sunset on the beach or a Friday night Dodger game (Friday night fireworks) and Vin on the radio.
Petersen is closed. I'd recommend the nethercutt collection over Petersen.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks for the thoughts, guys! So much stuff I didn't know.

Wow, that was pretty informative. Reps to you when I get the chance

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts, guys! So much stuff I didn't know.

Wow, that was pretty informative. Reps to you when I get the chance
Well if you decide on LA, PM me, we can meet up for a beer or I'll shoot you the names of the secret LA speak easy saloons!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts