Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My overdrive light started flashing the other day. anyone else have this problem. anyone know why it does this?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
your o/d light is also functions as a "check engine" light of sort's for your trans, if it's flashing, you have some sort of trans. problem & need to get it checked right away.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mine does when if it shifts 2-3 at wot enough times. I don't have money to get it checked out

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I had a friend with a 97 f150 4x4 and he swapped trannys and his would do that and when it did it wouldn't go into overdrive I think he said his was a connector or something...he'd be driving it would start flashin so hed kill it and restart it doing 70 doing the freeway lmao...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ya when I turn my car off it stops too...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I had a friend with a 97 f150 4x4 and he swapped trannys and his would do that and when it did it wouldn't go into overdrive I think he said his was a connector or something...he'd be driving it would start flashin so hed kill it and restart it doing 70 doing the freeway lmao...
my 97 f150 4x4 does it too, aparently its some kinda of sensor that went bad, OD still works fine and i still pull my boat with it no problem, its been like that for years

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thats when mine started to happen. I feel the soleniods might to over pressured idk w.e lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts