Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a B&M shift handle for my TCI ratchet shifter. I want to wire the button on the handle to my over drive switch. Does anyone know which wires they are in the little harness that runs to the auto shifter? Or can someone direct me to a wiring diagram that shows which ones I need to cut and splice? Thanks.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody has to have a wiring diagram out there. Or a link to one. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know i have seen something on this... lucky for you i am home sick today so i have nothing better to do than try and find it...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Peanut. I did a search but came up with a bunch on miscelaneous garbage. Reps if you can find something.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well i looked and the 5.0 Mustang and Super Ford mag did a shifter replace to the Street Fighter Ratchet shifter. There are a few pictures but no Wiring diagram. Unfortunately the shifter they replaced it with was one that need no new wiring? or at least there is no information given about it.
Here is a link to the article if you want to see...
TCI S197 Automatic Shifter - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
and a link to the shifter, there is a nice video but no new info..
TCI® - Race Shifters

Also RedfireGT put in a ratchet shifter and has the complete install on here but it also does not say anything about the wiring.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/139953-tci-ratchet-shifter-installed.html
And Youngin has a ratchet shifter for sale you might send him a pm asking if he knows anything

Sorry i couldnt find what u wanted, i thought the article had the info but i was wrong. Hope something in these lines helps

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was a no wiring install also but I was just doing some custom wiring with the O/D button. Thanks for the effort Peanut.

Still looking for a wiring diagram or info on which wires to splice.

Bueller?

Bueller?

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
On an '05 car it's a light blue/yellow wire and a tan/white wire.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Tony. I found the tan/white wire but I didn't see the light blue/yellow wire. This is what I'm looking at. This is the harness that plugs into the shifter. The only wire that I see with light blue is light blue and red. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
u got a haynes manual?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u got a haynes manual?
I have a Chilton's manual and I've gone over every wiring diagram in there last night and can't find a tranny harness. I don't think all of the electrical is in that manual.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Ford went and changed a few of the wire colors in '07. It's going to be the tan/white and that ****ing purple/white wire you have there. I can see this by looking at the pic you have posted.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
bummer :(

might have to pin it back? to the ecm?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
All I meant by that is that the wire is the same as an '05 harness, but just a different color.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ford went and changed a few of the wire colors in '07. It's going to be the tan/white and that ****ing purple/white wire you have there. I can see this by looking at the pic you have posted.
Thanks Tony,
All I'm waiting for is the handle to get here to wire it up. Mucho Reps Buddy.

Edit: Won't let me rep you. Says I got to spread it around before repping you again. I'll get you on the flip side though.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You're welcome bro. When you close the O/D Off switch it connects those two wires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Follow up

I am about to do the same swap. TCI & Hurst switch handle.
How did this switch turn out? Did the tan/white and purple/white wire splice do the trick?

How about a follow up please ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts