Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

O Jesus! Problem After Problem!

4K views 94 replies 21 participants last post by  RAGEman 
#1 ·
Ok... well i cant get my god damn coil packs off!!!!!! I've been talking with my buddy steve (SteviGX) and he tells me that you need a 9/32'' or 7mm wrench to get em off... well they dont work... they're too big. I go to a 1/4'' (next size smaller) and its too small!!!! WTF!!!!!!

I've tried every single ****ing wrench i have and it doesnt fit!!!! Can anyone help me out here?

#40 ·
everything on this car is metric. And yes something will fit it....
Nope not true...found out the hard way on that one. The bolts that hold the torque converter on the 4R70W are standard....i've pretty much taken apart most of the car, and those are the only 5 bolts i have found that are standard, everything else is metric.

If your COP screws are factory, then yes they are 7mm. Even if someone really torqued them down, just grab a good set of vice grips and go to town. Just make sure you go by a ford parts department and get the proper screws when you put them back in.

Just remember a big rule...righty tighty, left loosey....lmao sorry i had to say it.

#10 ·
then maybe its the ****ing socket dude, read my post. You don't have some super car that has mystery bolts. go get another 7mm socket cause maybe the one you are using has a crack in it and doesn't grab. I have taken off cops on every year car for our body style and they are 7mm.

#13 ·
then maybe its the ****ing socket dude, read my post. You don't have some super car that has mystery bolts. go get another 7mm socket cause maybe the one you are using has a crack in it and doesn't grab. I have taken off cops on every year car for our body style and they are 7mm.
well my car IS NOT 7MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've tried 4 different wrenches and 2 different sockets... its not 7MM man! Believe me:yes

#71 ·
don't be a dick man. pat is smart, he's no retard. so don't get all pissy at him. If he said the 7mm didn't fit i believe him, i was changing mine when he called to ask. i used a 7mm btw

#19 ·
then grab a 8mm, 10mm, 6mm, 5.5mm, and every single ****ing socket you can find thats small and one will fit. I so wish i could be there for that so i could get a good laugh.
Jesus man... wtf is up with ur ****ing attitude? I obvously dont need your ****ing attitude or your help considering you're not providing any. I'VE ****ING USED THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! READ!!!!!

#17 ·
Mabe they where switched out to a different size by the former owner(if your not the original owner)also if no metric size works try standard size sockets.

good luck keep us posted.

#20 ·
because you are saying that no socket will fit the damn bolt and thats ****ing impossible, either its stripped, your tools don't work, you don't know how try all different sizes, or your an idiot, i don't think you are an idiot but i am starting to lead towards the ladder
Just GET THE **** OUT MAN! You're providing me no help what so ever, you're just being a ****ing cock... how the **** are you a mod? Damn:no

#24 ·
then use a standard size dude, i was trying to help you. If metric does not work then use standard sizes. Or go to Sears and buy the stripped or rounded off socket remover and use it cause if that doesn't take it out then you my friend are FUUUUCCCCCKKKKEEEED
I have nothing else to say... i just said, I have! 9/32'', 1/4'', etc etc... 7mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, nothing

#26 ·
LOL, yeah i am an ass, i don't care i just have fun listening to people that apparently have no common sense. You are a very smart kid i am sure, but book smart i am sure and if a stupid gear head like me were there i am sure i would have the thing out with a socket in a matter of 2 seconds, cause there is not any damn bolts made that don't have a socket to fit them. I am not saying you didn't try everything, i am saying you probrably don't have the size in your tool set that actually fits it.

#31 ·
LOL, yeah i am an ass, i don't care i just have fun listening to people that apparently have no common sense. You are a very smart kid i am sure, but book smart i am sure and if a stupid gear head like me were there i am sure i would have the thing out with a socket in a matter of 2 seconds, cause there is not any damn bolts made that don't have a socket to fit them. I am not saying you didn't try everything, i am saying you probrably don't have the size in your tool set that actually fits it.
I'm more common sense and tool smart than anything man. I've worked at a mustang shop for about 6 months, go back to work for em again this summer... Mueller Automotive and Performance.

IDK wat to tell you... you'll have you opinion about me, but i could care less what some person on the other end of a keyboard thinks about me.

#38 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.