Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you put an off road H on a 2005 Mustang GT do you need a tune for the car to run ok or will it be alright? I have the tuner on order but it hasnt shipped from Brenspeed yet. Just wanted to install the H pipe and axlebacks before hand if it would run ok before tuning the car.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
it'll throw a cel... some say it'll run rich.. but it's going to smell that way with not cats no ****... i dont know with these new ecu might put in limp mode.. but then again the cats are emissions so, the front o2's measure a/f for motor, back o2's just make sure your cats are working... imho, your fine have fun.. id do it till i got my tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the incite. I'll give it a whirl after work and run the new plumbing. The new tuner should come by early next week if anything so ill be ok.:eek:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea i wouldnt sweat it... disconnect your battery, turn on your headlights and stomp the brakes to discharge any memory, then hook the batt back up, dont start, the tune as usuall.. should reset everything so no glitches/conflicts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts