Votes: 1 16.7%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a good and cheap o/r h pipe for a 2005-2009 s197 with stock manifolds for a friend. not that many choices as far as o/r h pipes go for the s197. so far i've found pypes, pacesetter, jegs, and summit.

pacesetter $124
PaceSetter Performance 82-1118 - PaceSetter Mustang Off-Road H-Pipes - Overview - SummitRacing.com

summit $145
Summit Racing SUM-640726 - Summit Racing® H-Pipes - Overview - SummitRacing.com

jegs $145
JEGS 30599 JEGS Mustang Off-Road H-Pipe Kits

pypes $170
05-07 MUSTANG GT 2.5" OFF ROAD H PIPE PYPES

the pacesetter is the cheapest, but comes in 3 parts. the pypes is the most expensive and comes in 4 parts. jegs and summit look identical, they come in 2 parts joining at the crossover. they are all made in aluminized steel except the pypes which is 409 SS. i have never had any of these midpipes, but i hear the most complaints about the pypes fitment. i would go with the summit or jegs. what would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the pypes H, and as long as you get the 4" wide SS band clamps from Napa to seal that thing up, it's very nice. Stock clamps suck and will give you some leaks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would do Summit or Jegs, less points to leak.
Or get headers with a midpipe. I would save the money and put it toward long tubes. Better performance and sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts