Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need mil eliminators with a pypes off road X? if so what are they and where do they go? Where can i get some.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
yes you will need MIL eliminators if you don't want you check engine light to go on. you can get them pretty much anywhere (i.e. Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle) and they go right where your o2 sensors would normally be.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So no more o2 sensors? Why wont my stock o2 sensors work?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
because your stock o2 sensors are calibrated to work with your cat. converters, and since you wont have converters anymore, your computer will thing that there's something wrong with your car, so a check engine light will come on. you don't need o2 sensors if you don't have cats.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
because your stock o2 sensors are calibrated to work with your cat. converters, and since you wont have converters anymore, your computer will thing that there's something wrong with your car, so a check engine light will come on. you don't need o2 sensors if you don't have cats.
Thats not true either. You keep your o2 sensors, MIL's are just an inline plug that tricks your computer to think your cats are working fine. Even though there isn't any there

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
guess i was mistaken. sorry. i was just offering what i thought was right... on my 2002 gt, i used my tuner to turn the check engine light off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts