Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a set of BBK long tube headers for a 4.6 I'm building but finding a set of O/R X pipes is impossible. All the sources for the BBK 1635 seem to have stopped selling them. Any recommendations on sets that might also fit or be easily modified? What makes the BBK long tube incompatible with say a MAC X pipe, would it be something I could modify myself?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had hedman longtubes and I just shortened my pypes off-road X pipe and welded the female socket flange to it.

·
_
3,787 Posts

Damn, it's even out of stock at AM. Yeah, I tried searching a good 10 different venders with no luck.

To answer your question, yes, you can run a different brand as long as the cross pipe has the same tube lengths and flange types.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I recently removed my hedman long tubes and shorty catted x-pipe. I don't think I plan on using them again as I'm over loud cars. It's a pypes x-pipe with steel substrate high flow cats, all the O2 bungs. You would need to shorten the pipes coming from the outlet of mid pipe to mufflers about 3 inches. Make me an offer. I have pay pal.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
There’s a couple names I remember lol. It’s been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts