Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 8-10 months ago I had my kooks mid length headers and off road h pipe installed. The shop that installed them said I needed O2 sensor extensions. I know now that I do not the extensions and I am trying to get them off. It looks like there is only an extension on the driver's side. Is this possible? the extension appears to drape over the trans and connect on the passenger side. Any help or input is appreciated

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Look and see how many connectors are on the wire. If you have more than 1 connector between the sensor and harness it is an extension.

But honestly, if you couldn't figure that out, I would leave it alone.

·
Z0Who?
130 Posts
dont need the extensions and best recommendation dont get them. I had extensions and they both messed up and also messed up my o2 sensors, how and why I have no idea. But I removed them and the stock cord I removed it from the tranny, It has a clip to it, if you remove it they will reach. Took me like 45 minutes to do it.

·
Z0Who?
130 Posts
I think they were trying to say is leave it alone as not to mes with it and just get a shop that will do it for him.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the drivers side off no problem. Can't see where the passengers side connects to. Drove it around. Got a check engine light. Ran the code and I got a cylinder 5 misfire. I can't catch a break.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts