Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some headers that don't have o2 bungs, I really don't want to drill into the headers, can I just put my front o2s in the x pipe I'm having made? I can extend the wires just don't know if the narrow band sensor need to be a certain distance from the head. Thanks

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
I would try to have them as close as you can to the headers. So maybe a few inches into the xpipe would work.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I will definitely put them as close as possible, but I'm having to test fit to get a good spot to put them. Headers aren't something I like to put on and take off lol

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If using the stock EECV PCM the front NB sensors are needed to run the engine.

As they are heated sensors they can be moved rearward with no problems, however the O² Transport Delay table in the tune will likely need to be modified. Most (all) long tube headers relocate the front O² sensors further rearward than the stock position anyway, which upsets the PCM because in closed loop mode it expects the sensors to respond to its changing the fuel mix in a certain amount of time (this is how it tests the O² sensors).

These values are set in a table named O² Transport Delay providing a lookup value (in seconds) for various load and rpm values:

In the table shown above the highlighted values are for a typical 2V LT header, the others are the stock values. With the sensors located yet further back the values may need to be increased a bit more.

If these values are not changed the PCM will throw the O² sensor "slow to respond" DTCs--and of course not be able to accurately control the fueling...

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ thanks man great post very helpful, tried to rep you but said I need to spread the love first??lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts