Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ever since I bought my car in April, I have been fighting with my o2 sensors. I have replaced them twice so far and need to do it again. My CEL came on again a few months ago and i just said **** it, I am not replacing it again until i find out why I keep burning through them so fast. It is always my drivers side, up stream o2 sensor.

At first, i could deal the the CEL always on, I just checked the codes weekly to make sure there is nothing new. But now that there is colder weather, my car is running like complete ****. It bogs and back fires when I get on it at all. I cant even accelerate onto an on ramp without constant back fires and bogging/sluggish feeling. Please tell me it is from my o2 sensors and not something else. And what should I do about fixing my o2 sensors?

If you guys want, I could take a video with my iPhone, but the quality is going to suck and idk how much it would help. But I can't keep driving this way. Oh and one more thing, idk if it matters at all but I can rev up just fine. There is no back firing or anything if I just have it in neutral or push in the clutch to rev it up.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Are you buying cheap o2s?

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Most likely causes in order:
1. Exhaust leak at the manifold/header
2. Shitty O2 sensors
3. Bad wiring on your O2 leads.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have a problem similar to this as well, mine says that the driver side (b2,s1) is slow to respond. I have changed my extenders, and sensor. The light went off but when the i plug my SCT into it, the code is still there. This has been going on for a couple months now.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
****, Ill go back out and look. I have them somewhere posted on here. But as for as the o2 sensors. I got the OEM ones from autozone. I think I still have the box in my car. Ill check that out when I go out to check the codes.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they said it was OEM :dunno. but bosch does sound pretty familiar, but then again, I feel like I but so much **** I could be getting things confused. but here are the codes. I couldnt find the box BTW

P1000
p0153
p0155
p1131
p1151

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Nope Autozone does not sell OEM ones the sell Replicas which as JUNK. The only way to get good 02 sensors is to buy them directly from Ford.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope Autozone does not sell OEM ones the sell Replicas which as JUNK. The only way to get good 02 sensors is to buy them directly from Ford.
noted. I am just going to stop buying from autozone lol. how much do the stealerships usually sell them for?

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Usually you can get them for 60 dollars at a dealership.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Autozone o2 sensors have to have some contirbution to your problem

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats not too much more than I spent. Ill go ahead and order some.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Also if you ask the dealership if they can wholesale them to you most of the time they will, and it will save you a few dollars. Just tell them you want to stay away from the parts stores and keep OEM parts but you need them to be a little competitive on the prices.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
hahaha.. autozone OEM my ass. I had a very similar problem 3 months ago. I purchased new front Bosch O2's from Autozone. Both of them went out within a month, one a couple weeks. I had a 1 year warranty so I took em back and got new ones.. they were out within a couple of weeks. i went to ford and got Motorcraft, no more problem.

When it comes to O2 sensor, you have to have motorcraft.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also if you ask the dealership if they can wholesale them to you most of the time they will, and it will save you a few dollars. Just tell them you want to stay away from the parts stores and keep OEM parts but you need them to be a little competitive on the prices.
wow. they will really do that? Ive never tried to bargain. and are the CJPP o2 sensor extension harness worth it? or should I get those from the dealership too?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hahaha.. autozone OEM my ass. I had a very similar problem 3 months ago. I purchased new front Bosch O2's from Autozone. Both of them went out within a month, one a couple weeks. I had a 1 year warranty so I took em back and got new ones.. they were out within a couple of weeks. i went to ford and got Motorcraft, no more problem.

When it comes to O2 sensor, you have to have motorcraft.
I am going to try motorcraft tomorrow :yes

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
wow. they will really do that? Ive never tried to bargain. and are the CJPP o2 sensor extension harness worth it? or should I get those from the dealership too?
Im not sure if the dealership sells the extension harness, but since its not a hard electric part you should be ok getting it elsewhere. Any Electrical components I try to stay OEM not matter what it is Ford does sell the best parts in that aspect. .

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
My CEL was off an on all weekend regarding my driver's side O2 sensor, kept getting a code for slow response, i cleared it twice in one day and hasn't been back on in a few hundred miles.

I have O'Reilly Bosch O2s.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts