Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys like i stated on a previous thread, im new to working on my stang:tomato. i need to purchase O2 sensors. are bank 1 and 2 sensors the same thing. and another question is this site good Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto. thanks in advance. and i knwo i need to purchase oem parts. so are the original sensors on the stang motorcraft.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, bank one and two are driver and passenger sides. Idk about that online place but when I had to buy a few at autozone they were about $65 (for my '97 V6). I just used like Bosch or something and they worked just fine. I don't think there's that much of a difference between oem and oem replacements.

Hope I helped

·
Banned
636 Posts
Rock Auto is a good place to order from.
Get Motorcraft sensors.
Yeah I have been told by a very realiable source to only go with OEM 02 sensors.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
You should be able to just use a 22mm wrench or 02 sensor socket to get them out. If they bind or don't move then I would suggest heating them.

Also make sure you plug the sensors in after you install them or else you could twist and break the wires when you tighten them up. I'm not sure why you wold plug them in before you do but I just felt like I should throw that in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts