Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they suppose to come out with ease. i mean i can just lightly pull on them with my finger and can even flick the sensor and it comes out. maybe it has something to do with the tons of oil covering alot of **** under the car. probally the rear main seal. when i take out the O2 sensors they are covered with oil.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
they should be threaded and screw in. they should require a little effort to break them free and screw them out. my two front ones unscrew perfectly, the two rear ones had no threads so they are welded in and will be cut out and replaced when i put my headers on tomorrow.

start your car and feel around the sensor location (without touching the pipe) and see if you feel any premature exiting of the exhaust gases. maybe the bungs in the pipes themselves have bad threads too?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i look at it again when i get it up on ramps. my neighbors are looking at me funny right now so ill have to do it later. F them :wink

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
i know what you mean abou the neighbors. when i put the car in the garage to wax it, i turn up the stereo in the garage so i can enjoy my hour with my car. the neighbors casually walk by and stare at me. )i live in a golf course community). now i really cant wait for long tubes!

let us know if the threads are worn or if it is really loose or if it stays in and if there is a leak...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im really not suppost to be doing any car repairs on my apt. buidings parking lot so i usally do them at my parents house where the car is usally at but they dont want alot of cars at there house anymore. so im F*cked. oh well.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
oh, i get ya...

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Haus said:
well im really not suppost to be doing any car repairs on my apt. buidings parking lot so i usally do them at my parents house where the car is usally at but they dont want alot of cars at there house anymore. so im F*cked. oh well.
lol just go to the advance autoparts or autozone parking lot. :dunno

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. thats not a bad idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts