Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the O2S and the Camme shaft sensor effect the engine performance ?

and what is the side effect of this tow sensors?

thanx in advance

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I'd love to answer but, I need you to clarify exactly what you mean...

If you're talking about 02 sensors, well, having them is a good idea, and does affect engine performance to an extent. If yours are malfunctioning, you should get a check-engine light.

If you're referring to the effect of having an off-road mid pipe and performance enhancement/degradation, then buy some MIL eliminators or a tuner to shut the rear two off.

Hope this helps- again, clarification would help.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
there are two sets of o2 sensors, fronts and rears. your front o2 sensors communicate with your computer and let it know your air/fuel ratio therefore adjusting the amount of fuel you use. your rears are only for emissions purposes. in other words, you must have good front o2 sensors. the rears can be removed with no problems except a check engine light, which is curable with a tuner or a set of Mil eliminators.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx everybody for clarifying

i ment when i wrote this thread is when i shift the third gear in my stang at 5000rpm the car seems like choked..

my mechanic said that the problem coming from this 4 O2S..

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
O2 sensors causing a choking in power? I don't think that's what he meant.

I mean, if you have bad o2 sensors, you should get a check engine light, and your air/fuel mixture will be off a tad (nothing extreme, though, not enough to choke you out at 5000 rpm, but I've been wrong before).

Your car does have four catalytic converters that can get clogged, however, and having clogged cats can hinder your performance...

·
Registered
135 Posts
The o2's do nothing at full throttle. At the full throttle the computer uses a preset(tune) setting. Meaning at full throttle the computer is not reading the o2's.
The o2's are used for part throttle driving

and you don't always gets cel with they are bad (fronts ). I had 1 go bad on the dyno and it was only seen by data logging. And I kept driving it like that for 2 months and never popped a light and never hurt full throttle performance but did hurt the mpg pretty bad

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
It could, did you check your plugs and see if all your coil packs are working right

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
oh, choking in 3rd gear at 5k? thats a common problem. its called the 2v can't breathe for ****.. lol. these cars are good for 1st and 2nd gear stock. 3rd and 4th gear suck.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
oh, choking in 3rd gear at 5k? thats a common problem. its called the 2v can't breathe for ****.. lol. these cars are good for 1st and 2nd gear stock. 3rd and 4th gear suck.
:lol +1

Check ignition and fuel. You're problem, if any, will be in there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
got a possible bad o2 sensor will be checking it out tomorrow car runs horrible as soon as the cel comes on. but still runs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts