Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a while ago, there was a thread started and somewhere i read that you can add mothballs to your gas to increase octane.
THEN someone said a chemical you can add.
i forgot the name

Anyone know what the chemical was?

He said something like this

"You can always add _________ its safer than mothballs and my dad used to do it at the track all the time"

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok a while ago, there was a thread started and somewhere i read that you can add mothballs to your gas to increase octane.
THEN someone said a chemical you can add.
i forgot the name

Anyone know what the chemical was?

He said something like this

"You can always add _________ its safer than mothballs and my dad used to do it at the track all the time"

Normally I use Shell gas or Sunoco cause shell has 93 octane and Sunoco has 94. Add a product called 104 octane boost your good to go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Back in the day Speedway use to have racing fuel called Turbo Blue I think it was 104 octane. Was physically blue fuel. If you ran the fuel in a stock car you would proably mess it up real bad. But in a modifield engine it was great to use for drag racing. Good times......

·
Registered
559 Posts
octane booster sold in the retail stores is 100% useless, do a little research and see how much it actually increases the octane, just about none

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Upto 25% toluene mixed with gas. Toluene has a 110 R+M octane rating.

So (110 x .25) + (93 x .75) = 97 octane.

You can add more toluene to get higher numbers, but do it at your own risk.

Mothballs are made of naphthalene which is 90 octane...useless.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
^^^^^+1

i heard that those regular octane boosters increase octane by about .25 octance per bottle.....thats retarded

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toulene was what i was looking for =)

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
where can you get it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts