Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is making a wierd noise when i press in the pedal.. It used to only do it before the car warmed up...now it does it on and off..:confused:

I haven't the slightest clue what it is...but it's getting on my nerves... It sounds like a low scratchy noise...sounds are rather difficult to describe..

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
get a sound clip up, just get your cam under the car and have someone press the pedal, sounds like tob problem to me

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i was guessing throw out bearing... It makes a little noise when the pedal is up but i never notice it becuase of the sound of the engine...I just noticed it did it when the pedal is up tonight while it was idling in the driveway as it's barely noticeable then...It just gets louder when the pedal is pressed... I'll try to get a vid.

The sound sounds like its rubbing something...Like a low scratching or rubbing noise...like a schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a 2000 GT and mine is goin the same exact thing your diff explaining it right my makes the same noise but im not sure if it is the tob did u find out what it is

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
throwout bearing.

im pretty sure the pilot bearing would be a constant squeek being that the input shat is always turning intisde of it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts