Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are tearing apart the Cobra here in a short couple weeks so when I talked to my mechanic he was suspect of my 01 Cobra that I bought with 23K miles actually having 23K miles. I pulled a Carfax and it doesn't show anything funky except that I am now the 4th owner but the guy I bought it from had it for 2yrs and change. The car looked great when I bought it and Carfax said it spent it's whole life in MD. Said he's going to take a closer look at the internals of the supposed built motor, undercarriage etc... to see if there's any signs of it being higher mileage. We all know Carfax only shows what gets reported, if that, but is there a way to check for myself? Only possible sign I could think of is that the brake pedal had a hole worn through the corner but from what I read that's common, question is, is it common on a vehicle that has 23K miles? My mechanic has a 03/04 Cobra and decades on SVT motor work with other Ford vehicles a like so hopefully he will know but now he's got me nervous...:eek:

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Just typical wear and tear. Look at the under carriage. It should be fairly "clean" for 23k miles. Look for seat wear and especially on the left side of the leather part since you have an 01; on the driver's seat. That usually gets worn from getting in and out of the car. Just typical "overviewing" should really help you decide if it's truly at 23k. There's not much we can do for ya. Just think of how a low mileage car should look/feel and go check it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, seats are in great shape for any 01 that has leather. Everything was clean, steering wheel is in great shape so is the arm rest and hand brake. No fading or anything. When I got underneath to change the fuel filter she wasn't shiny but everything was the same color, light dirt, and no leaking anywhere. Hopefully it's not to good to be true. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts