Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My misfire and backfire problem is getting worse so i was going to change the coilpack sooner now. i was just wondering if the oe pack is worth it. the stealership wants $150 for it and AZ has the duralast pack with life time limited warrenty for $75.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
My duralast is working just fine

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I've heard to many bad stories about the screamin demon

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I bought coil pack from Ford last week
came in a sealed motorcraft box
Said right on coil made in China.
$97.00 . I would just go to part store and pick up the duralast

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atleast you didnt find a mazada sticker on it. a buddy's ranger had that happen when he got oe replacement parts. ive heard good stories about SD....

too bad they werent for the v6 mustangs.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another question on this subj.....is the order is still the same on the duralast as the stock??? it didnt come with instructions and i wanted to make sure.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
ive never heard bad things about the duralast but screamon demon always seems to have problems

if the duralast has a warranty I would just go with it since its cheaper

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
atleast you didnt find a mazada sticker on it. a buddy's ranger had that happen when he got oe replacement parts. ive heard good stories about SD....

You know that mazda was owned by ford right? and that the mazda b2000 small truck was a rebadged ranger.
Yeap this is true.. Kinda like in high school my buddy had an 80s Chevy Nova that had a Toyota key haha

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I would only use the duralast as a test bed at best. That COP is such a POS, it's one-piece with no removable boot, it's a slight bit taller and there is no mounting screw hole! It just flops around in there unsecured.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know that mazda was owned by ford right? and that the mazda b2000 small truck was a rebadged ranger.
Tcohoe if a person didnt know the b2000 is just a generic ranger then they deserve to get ripped at the stealership.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i thought they still had a portion....or did ford sell back its share when it almost went under.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts