Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a full mac exhaust soon and can't decide whether to go with the offroad h pipe or the off road pro chamber, are they basically the same sound??? Also I have weld in flows right now, not sure what kind they are, I'm wondering if I'd be better off to just get the mac lt's and pro chamber/ h pipe, and keep the flow masters or go with the mac cat back? Are the macs louder in person then they are on video???

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Prochamber is quiter than the O/R H, but it sounds better, especialy at full throttle. I would definatly lose the chokemaster mufflers for the mac cat back.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
If you can wait a couple of weeks (depending on when my headers come in) I will have a full MAC exhaust clip for you. I ordered the MAC Lt's, Prochamber, and MAC cat-back. We'll see how it sounds.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that'd be great to hear, I'd say I'll likely go with a full mac exhaust, with 3.5 tips. I have a diablo tuner, so I don't need the mil eliminators... this being said... what do you do with the down stream o2 sensors then, is there a bung in the prochamber for them still even though they aren't used. Also I've heard that when people add the long tubes that some times the cars run like **** and need a tune, all I have is the diablo tune so I hope that will be good enough because there are ZERO places to go around where I live to get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also rageman, where are you getting your exhaust setup from and whats it costing you?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
also rageman, where are you getting your exhaust setup from and whats it costing you?
I have a buddy that owns a Mustang Performance shop and gets MAC at cost. So.....MAC parts come quite cheap to me. I paid less than $800 for all of it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
that'd be great to hear, I'd say I'll likely go with a full mac exhaust, with 3.5 tips. I have a diablo tuner, so I don't need the mil eliminators... this being said... what do you do with the down stream o2 sensors then, is there a bung in the prochamber for them still even though they aren't used. Also I've heard that when people add the long tubes that some times the cars run like **** and need a tune, all I have is the diablo tune so I hope that will be good enough because there are ZERO places to go around where I live to get a dyno tune.
The Prochamber does come with the bungs. I'm not sure on the car needing a tune after the LT's, I guess Im just going to have to find out. They sell O2 extenders that enable the sensors to be plugged in directly to the harness, I believe you'll need this, but like I said, I haven't done mine yet so I'm not sure on what you will and won't need.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lucky you, cheapest I can get them is around 1000 for everything, not including shipping, awell I'll still probably get it... make sure you post the sound clip on here when you have it installed I want to hear it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
lucky you, cheapest I can get them is around 1000 for everything, not including shipping, awell I'll still probably get it... make sure you post the sound clip on here when you have it installed I want to hear it.
I'll post it up for sure. $1000 seems cheap to me. Is that with Ceramic coated LT's? And the prochamber comes a few different ways, make sure you're getting the entire mid-pipe. I've seen it with just the resonator, and you hade to have an exhaust shop tube it up. Here is a pic of my Prochamber. Oddly it shipped without the headers but they were ordered together.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Macs are one of the loudest Catbacks you can buy. And yes there is a huge difference in sound from an O/R H to a Prochamber.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and type in Prochamber or Mac O/R H Pipe and you will see the difference. well here ill just find some.

mac catback with Prochamber
mac catback with prochamber- Click on title name if it does not play for you

Mac catback with Mac O/R h Pipe

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
ow do you think the prochamber and lt's would make my loudmouths sound? Thinking about them or just getting a high flow catted h-pipe. Excuse the cheap camera, it really sounds better in person.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll post it up for sure. $1000 seems cheap to me. Is that with Ceramic coated LT's? And the prochamber comes a few different ways, make sure you're getting the entire mid-pipe. I've seen it with just the resonator, and you hade to have an exhaust shop tube it up. Here is a pic of my Prochamber. Oddly it shipped without the headers but they were ordered together.

Ya I'll make sure I order the right pro chamber, i've never seen it come with just the resonator but thats not saying it could never happen. And ya thats ceramic coated, just the headers, then just a regular off road pro chamber, and mac catback with 3.5" tips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am running a Bassani x pipe with spintech mufflers, sounds great but not as loud as macs cat back, I ran that originally and didnt care for the sound alot of resonance.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
your gonna have a great set-up man. i had full mac exhaust on my 02 and i absolutely loved it. its the best sound a mustang can get IMO. Sorry my computer that had all my videos on it crashed, but i guarantee you will love it. i had MAC longtubes, prochamber, and cat-back. it doesn't get better man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts