Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new hpipe and want to put it on and my dad says that i need to have it on a lift to get to the header bolts to undo the old hpipe. how would i get to the header bolts for the hpipe without needing a lift. i think i just need to have jack stands to do it but my dad thinks i need a lift. thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
lift would be easier but not necessary, jack the car up as high as possible , the more room you have the better off you'll be

·
Registered
368 Posts
i put my bassani off road x pipe on with two jack stands in my neighbors front yard so its possible w/o a lift.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
you could do it with jackstands, but it'd be a little harder. not a big deal really...

·
Registered
84 Posts
4 jackstands, and two 1 ft extensions will be ur easiest bet, you dont need to access the header bolts, you just need to access the flange bolts where the h pipe meets the headers, the other end of the h pipe is really easy to access and remove, take your time with the part that meets with the tranny mount because it could give you a problem, but just be 2% smarter and you'll have no problems. good luck and enjoy the H pipe throatiness versus the x pipe raspiness, i like H pipes better.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
no dont need a lift...i riped my tranny in and out by myself, for the first time in my driveway lol...not trying to be cocky but you'll be fine with stands

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i just used ramps and drove the front wheels up on em and swapped the h-pipe no problem. no need for a lift.

suggestion though.... spray some PB blaster or ZEP 45 on the flange bolts before you try and take them off. i can almost guarantee they will be a bitch and half to get off of there. i didn't do that and it took me like 5 hours to break those bolts.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
i just used ramps and drove the front wheels up on em and swapped the h-pipe no problem. no need for a lift.

suggestion though.... spray some PB blaster or ZEP 45 on the flange bolts before you try and take them off. i can almost guarantee they will be a bitch and half to get off of there. i didn't do that and it took me like 5 hours to break those bolts.
+1. or use an impact if you have access to one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts