Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting for an Off Road X pipe to throw onto my 1996 Mustang GT, there are quite a few options but I want opinions on which ones you guys and gals have used.

The Pypes, the Magnaflow, SLP, and BBK are the ones I usually see. Does anyone have any opinions on these or any brand that I don't have listed. I currently have Flowmasters mufflers on mine but the sound isn't as good as I wanted it to be.

Also, anyone have any idea where I can start searching for a good priced used one?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
any of the decent brands will do. o/r pipes is just 2.5" piping. for sound on out cars i like h pipes better. i have oem exhaust manifolds, o/r bbk h pipe, and slp loudmouth 1 axle back. sounds amazing and have always got compliments on the sound
as far as where to buy id just buy new. they are cheap and even used its almost as much as a new one so you might as well get one rust free

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would the O/R X-pipe for a 99-04 Mustang fit a 96-98 Mustang GT?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The main reason I want to try used is because I want to try them out to be fully honest. Want to see the difference between X and H pipes, and different brands.

·
Registered
586 Posts
a 99-04 pipe will work but on the flanges youll need to di grind them out a little because the holes are about 1/4 inch off not a big deal at all to be honest i did it with very little effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts