Modded Mustang Forums banner

181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Sound like you just had a **** CO. They don't all treat their troops like ****.
+1.... ive had some that would stick up for their guys no matter what
I suppose you're right. I never had problems with leadership while active, it was only after switching to the Reserves that I started to run into people that were total shitbags...career reservists running around acting all Joe Navy like they were some sort of badass when they'd never even left the US.

·
Cornholed Manthusiast
3,985 Posts
I guess I'll chime in. I went to OCS for the Marine Corps last summer and go back for the last half this summer. Commission this December.

·
boost to come
144 Posts
Yes and no. I was filling out the National Security Positions.
That I know of, I didn't think you needed one for that since you travel military and it's usually on a military plane. But if you have to travel commercially then yeah you'd need one.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I guess I'll chime in. I went to OCS for the Marine Corps last summer and go back for the last half this summer. Commission this December.
Sweet man congrats! Just had a couple friends complete the second stage. Still deciding if I'm going OCS for the Army here later. I like my enlisted spot right now.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Do I have to get a passport?
You will have to get a passport if you're going overseas. If its for official government duties, you'll be given a government passport, they're red. if you travel for personal business, you'll have to go get your own blue one.

it doesn't matter if you fly on a military jet or not. you must have a passport.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Certain countrys you dont need a passport. I am in korea and didnt need one. Of course if i wanted to get off pen than i would need one. Also my deployments didnt make me get a passport

·
Registered
460 Posts
Where are you going that you need a passport?? I spent two years in Japan, going back and forth three different times on civilian airlines for personal business and never once needed a passport. Just a copy of my orders.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i have heard from others who went to uae needing a passport, UAE is a powder cake tour you will have fun there compared to other deployments. i stopped in UAE back in 08 and 09

·
boost to come
144 Posts
You will have to get a passport if you're going overseas. If its for official government duties, you'll be given a government passport, they're red. if you travel for personal business, you'll have to go get your own blue one.

it doesn't matter if you fly on a military jet or not. you must have a passport.
I thought he was more talking about a civilian passport. I kinda forgot about the red ones.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
That place is a blast! When I went in 2010-11 it was nearly 0 humidity like Nevada...

i have heard from others who went to uae needing a passport, UAE is a powder cake tour you will have fun there compared to other deployments. i stopped in UAE back in 08 and 09
It was a camp cupcake for sure...

181 - 200 of 212 Posts