Modded Mustang Forums banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
What do you guys think about places that don't offer a military discount? I figure it's worth a shot to ask and show my ID. Sometimes I get attitude and a stern "no". Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
it is nice if they offer it but if they dont it is whatever. i see it as we volunteer to get paid for our service. does not give us the right to get a discount.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I absolutely agree. But to me it never hurts to ask.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
I make use of it when I can, every little bit helps when you get paid total ****... I used to make more in a weekend of tips waiting tables for 6 hours a shift than two weeks of busting my ass 12 hours+ a day being dog tired. :lol

But I'm also done with ccustomer service... 11 years of dealing with populace is more than enough for one lifetime. Lololol

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I waited tables too awhile ago. Used to figure out to be making about 75-100 a hour. lol

·
Cornholed Manthusiast
3,985 Posts
I waited tables too awhile ago. Used to figure out to be making about 75-100 a hour. lol
Where the **** do I need to be waiting tables?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
High end fine dining is where the money is. lol

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
High end fine dining is where the money is. lol
Yup, but you also have to watch out for management that will dip into your tips and claim a percentage... I had a manager do that to me at two different restaurants and asked the owner of that was allowed or if it was policy... When they said yes, I quit right there. I was only getting paid $2.18/hour and literally lived of the tips as my income... The first place that did that was Applebee's... The second was a 4 star French based cuisine that made good food, and I made great tips... But when a manager that gets nearly $20/hr is dipping into my tips... Nope. I eventually landed a 5 star Japanese place with hibachi grills, 3 sushi bars and a full bar (Dress shirt & tie with ironed dress pants was mandatory uniform). I made about $300-400 on a slow night and $700-900 on weekend nights and no manager dipping into it.

My best tip at that restaurant was $250 from a guy with the Amex black... He got 2 beers and a Mackerel sashimi. His tab was only like $20 but he tipped $250. I ran out to him and asked if it was correct. He said "You reminded me of my son, I was never any good to him and now I can never redeem myself to him... But I can always be a better person" I just stood there baffled by it for like 2 mins. :lol

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
We had an old guy that was worth millions come in. We would all him Santa Clause. He would leave 100-200% tip. It was like hitting the lottery when he walked in and you got him.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Yup, but you also have to watch out for management that will dip into your tips and claim a percentage... I had a manager do that to me at two different restaurants and asked the owner of that was allowed or if it was policy... When they said yes, I quit right there. I was only getting paid $2.18/hour and literally lived of the tips as my income... The first place that did that was Applebee's... The second was a 4 star French based cuisine that made good food, and I made great tips... But when a manager that gets nearly $20/hr is dipping into my tips... Nope. I eventually landed a 5 star Japanese place with hibachi grills, 3 sushi bars and a full bar (Dress shirt & tie with ironed dress pants was mandatory uniform). I made about $300-400 on a slow night and $700-900 on weekend nights and no manager dipping into it.

My best tip at that restaurant was $250 from a guy with the Amex black... He got 2 beers and a Mackerel sashimi. His tab was only like $20 but he tipped $250. I ran out to him and asked if it was correct. He said "You reminded me of my son, I was never any good to him and now I can never redeem myself to him... But I can always be a better person" I just stood there baffled by it for like 2 mins. :lol
Throwing money at people doesn't make you a better person.

But ****, if you're pitching I'll be happy to catch :shiftyeyes

201 - 212 of 212 Posts