Modded Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 212 Posts

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
so, as being active duty or vets, how do you all feel about having these CIA papers released to the public by non other then our commander and chief and his cabinet?

I for one do not agree with it. These "techniques" have been utilized for years by our govt as well as others. What ever happened to the "greater good"? I feel that with these documents being released will lead to nothing but retaliation to our brothers/sisters overseas and more hatred towards our country in an already volatile atmosphere for our country as far as relations are concerned.:2cents
Go look at my responses in Sixpointslows thread.
We really got into it.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
We pick on the crew chiefs here in Army Aviation. The 15R's, Apache crew chiefs, are mostly mouth breathers. They try to make up their own competitions and say theyre better but we just dont give a **** and are way more laid back in Shops. In the end they all wish they had our jobs, we do all the cool **** while they just take broken stuff off and put new stuff back on.

Id highly recommend studying for the ASVAB if you plan on joining. It will determine what jobs are available. Higher the score and the better and cooler jobs you have as an option. Hopefully youre a good test taker. My recruiter told me of people who couldnt pass it to save their life. Said he had two friends who took it at the same time and couldnt pass even if you added them together lol I had a 97 for my AFQT so I qualified for everything and had my pick of jobs. Dont think I would pick any other job if I had to do it all over again.

Ive never lived in the Barracks here but Ive seen them and theyre super tiny. They have a fridge, some cupboards, a sink, like 2 ft of counter space and no oven. Instead they have a two burner electric cooktop thing. Shared bathroom. No living room or common room, and two small bedrooms. Maybe like 8'x15' or so with a decent sized closet. Locked thermostat set to 70 degrees winter and summer.

Had to do a 24 hour watch on someone last week and the room was cold as ****. Didnt get above 66 degrees the entire night. Set to 70 my ass. I live in on post housing and I set my **** at whatever temp I feel like. 70-72 in the winter and 68-70 in the summer

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I didn't study at all, wasn't good in high school math, and I got a 57. Got me qualified for any job I wanted.

If I took it now I'd be pissed if I scored lower than a 95.

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Ooh. 2nd batallion, 8th Marine regiment.

Looks like I'll be going to Lejeune. North Carolina motherfuckers.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
The ASVAB breaks your overall score in to several categories and your GT score will have a lot to do with what you qualify to do as well. The test is pretty much all common sense. I took it at 17 and got and 89 on it. I was just your average student is school getting a's and b's.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Ooh. 2nd batallion, 8th Marine regiment.

Looks like I'll be going to Lejeune. North Carolina motherfuckers.
Damn, no more bailing on me and not calling me for weeks anymore? :cry:

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Damn, no more bailing on me and not calling me for weeks anymore? :cry:
I'll call you every weekend hunny :(

:lol Hurry up and get back before I ship.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
We really got into it.
I saw it. I had to stay out of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I respect his views but do not agree with them at all. All I can say that what we were doing to obtain information was an absolute necessary evil. There are times where you have to resort to different tactics. This was one of those times. It was for the greater good of our country and brothers in arms. I can fully understand that we are considered to be the "world policemen" and that we are held by "expectations" but expectations fly out the window when they are kidnapping our own and beheading them on camera for us to see. Expectations fly out the window when they are flying airplanes into building killing thousands or strapping bombs to kids to stop your convoy in hopes that you wont do anything to child. We didnt stoop to that level. We just broke their will piece by piece to obtain the information we needed to try and end this war that will never end. For every one "tyrant" killed there is always another more sadistic willing and ready to take his place. Its like how the media is talking about ISIS and make it seem as they have just recently came about. They havent. They have been around for some time now and were tied with Al Queda for awhile until Al Queda saw their ways as "extreme" and seperated themselves from that faction. So again, when one tyrant is killed, another one that is far worse and more sadistic is ready and willing to take his place.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

and at the end of the day I will gladly fight for his right to think however he thinks. :lol

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
We really got into it.
I want to get into you, if you know what I mean. :naughty: (No thread can stay un-gay forever)

I saw it. I had to stay out of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I respect his views but do not agree with them at all. All I can say that what we were doing to obtain information was an absolute necessary evil. There are times where you have to resort to different tactics. This was one of those times. It was for the greater good of our country and brothers in arms. I can fully understand that we are considered to be the "world policemen" and that we are held by "expectations" but expectations fly out the window when they are kidnapping our own and beheading them on camera for us to see. Expectations fly out the window when they are flying airplanes into building killing thousands or strapping bombs to kids to stop your convoy in hopes that you wont do anything to child. We didnt stoop to that level. We just broke their will piece by piece to obtain the information we needed to try and end this war that will never end. For every one "tyrant" killed there is always another more sadistic willing and ready to take his place. Its like how the media is talking about ISIS and make it seem as they have just recently came about. They havent. They have been around for some time now and were tied with Al Queda for awhile until Al Queda saw their ways as "extreme" and seperated themselves from that faction. So again, when one tyrant is killed, another one that is far worse and more sadistic is ready and willing to take his place.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

and at the end of the day I will gladly fight for his right to think however he thinks. :lol
Hate to use you here, McNuggets, but you said it yourself, and wraitherx is certainly hinting at it.

Regardless of if it can be proven effective or not, we had to use every option and tactic and tool at our disposal. And that's what the CIA did.
They viewed the innocent lives killed on 9/11 as a necessity. They justified it with their people and their religion by calling it a necessary evil. They tell the kids they strap these vests to that it's to fight for the greater good. They call us the evil empire. We called it the war on terrorism, but it was more like a petri dish of terrorism. The things we've done are what they point to and say "LOOK! We told you these are bad people!". It's self defeating when we stoop to their level.

This is going to be one of those events we look back on in 50 years and say "What the ****, man. Why?". We look back on the internment camps and own up to what a terrible mistake they were, but in the moment there were a strong majority of those who felt it was just "what had to be done". Hell, in the early 2000's after 9/11 we had people calling for new ones for the Muslims in this country. Why not, man? If we're tossing away our morals what does it matter?

I'd like to read your thoughts, wraitherx.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I want to get into you, if you know what I mean. :naughty: (No thread can stay un-gay forever)

This we can agree upon:lol

Hate to use you here, McNuggets, but you said it yourself, and wraitherx is certainly hinting at it.

not really sure if im just blind or what but I cant figure out what you are talking about here. I see a quote from swazzy and not Mcnuggets. Unless you call him Mcnuggets and if thats the case I dont want to know details.

They viewed the innocent lives killed on 9/11 as a necessity. They justified it with their people and their religion by calling it a necessary evil. They tell the kids they strap these vests to that it's to fight for the greater good. They call us the evil empire. We called it the war on terrorism, but it was more like a petri dish of terrorism. The things we've done are what they point to and say "LOOK! We told you these are bad people!". It's self defeating when we stoop to their level.

This is going to be one of those events we look back on in 50 years and say "What the ****, man. Why?". We look back on the internment camps and own up to what a terrible mistake they were, but in the moment there were a strong majority of those who felt it was just "what had to be done". Hell, in the early 2000's after 9/11 we had people calling for new ones for the Muslims in this country. Why not, man? If we're tossing away our morals what does it matter?

I saw that much of the thread. As much as I would love to sit and debate this most of my time doing so is at work:lol Trying to get into a huge debate and trying to do patient care is a no win situation. My pt's come first and this when in between them. I would much rather have a debate like this over some beer:cheers It would be great. I usually just have friends that agree with me or disagree but never can stand up and give me legitimate reasons on to why they feel this way or that way and then you get those that just dont give a **** at all. And you are right, 50 years from now we will probably all look at it from that point of view but for the time being I will look at it from my perspective.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
I saw that much of the thread. As much as I would love to sit and debate this most of my time doing so is at work:lol Trying to get into a huge debate and trying to do patient care is a no win situation. My pt's come first and this when in between them. I would much rather have a debate like this over some beer:cheers It would be great. I usually just have friends that agree with me or disagree but never can stand up and give me legitimate reasons on to why they feel this way or that way and then you get those that just dont give a **** at all. And you are right, 50 years from now we will probably all look at it from that point of view but for the time being I will look at it from my perspective.
Totally understandable, man. If you ever end up in lower Delaware/the eastern shore of Maryland, the beer is on me.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
SSgt/ E-6 (Active Duty)
6326 Avionics Technician (currently an instructor at the school house)
Current duty station: MCAS New River, NC
Was stationed in Hawaii, NC, Cali and Okinawa, Japan.

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts

Exit Only. :shiftyeyes

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

You got a date yet nuggs?
Early March, supposedly.
Plenty of time for mcfuckery

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

If you think those ASPCA commercials are sad..this will really bring a tear to your eye.
All those wasted rounds :(

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
I didn't study at all, wasn't good in high school math, and I got a 57. Got me qualified for any job I wanted.

If I took it now I'd be pissed if I scored lower than a 95.
I took it my first time in high school and got a 98. The recruiter had a look on his face and I was like "ummm... is that good? Bad?" lol Then I took the DLAB and got a 128. Off to language school, I went.

101 - 120 of 212 Posts