Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 212 Posts

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I want to get into you, if you know what I mean. :naughty: (No thread can stay un-gay forever)

Hate to use you here, McNuggets, but you said it yourself, and wraitherx is certainly hinting at it.

They viewed the innocent lives killed on 9/11 as a necessity. They justified it with their people and their religion by calling it a necessary evil. They tell the kids they strap these vests to that it's to fight for the greater good. They call us the evil empire. We called it the war on terrorism, but it was more like a petri dish of terrorism. The things we've done are what they point to and say "LOOK! We told you these are bad people!". It's self defeating when we stoop to their level.

This is going to be one of those events we look back on in 50 years and say "What the ****, man. Why?". We look back on the internment camps and own up to what a terrible mistake they were, but in the moment there were a strong majority of those who felt it was just "what had to be done". Hell, in the early 2000's after 9/11 we had people calling for new ones for the Muslims in this country. Why not, man? If we're tossing away our morals what does it matter?

I'd like to read your thoughts, wraitherx.
And its not self defeating to bash the tactics of your own country by trying to paint the picture of us being a monster that tortures our enemies? You say its self defeating, by being self defeating.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I also find it rather counterproductive when you're referring to our tactics of interrogation as stooping to their level. I wasn't aware that we were beheading Muslims in the name of religion on national TV. I also wasn't aware that we were holding them for ransom money and threatening to execute more of them should we not get our money and arms.

Subjecting inmates to sleep deprivation and the other tactics in that article are not even on the same planet as "their level". I bet you all of the Americans that were beheaded would love to have just been subjected to waterboarding or sleep deprivation, or being chained up naked. But no, they are beheaded on TV after having to read some bull **** speech they prepared for them. Its appalling to me that you say we stooped to their level when we are not even close to their level. Our "torture" was nothing but gum drops and lollipops compared to theirs. Again, maybe we shouldn't have done it, and it will be a learning lesson. But when citizens of our own country use our tactics that were not even on the same planet as theirs, and compare the two saying we did the same thing they did, it's bull ****. Its actually helping the enemy because in order to not deal with civilian backlash, they will implement some bull **** rule putting our troops in further danger. The rules of engagement are already ****ed beyond belief placing the upper hand immediately into the enemy favor. And that's all because people thousands of miles away from the battle field make comments like you did that are self defeating to their own country.

Also, there is a huge difference between rounding up Japanese Americans and placing them in Internment camps, and interrogating known terrorists. The Japanese citizens did nothing wrong. In many cases the people that were interrogated had American blood on their hands. The one they even mentioned was one of Bin Laden's right hand men. And you're comparing them to Japanese civilians that got placed in internment camps for nothing more than their nationality? There isn't even a comparison to be made there. Once again you're comparing things on two totally different planets. Furthering the self defeating comments about America. Yes, you have ever right to question the tactics, but when you question them to the point you're making what they did worse, you're not helping. Question them all you want, ensure we learn from them by running for office. But by comparing us to the enemy saying we used tactics at their level, that's completely off base, and hurting us far more than you realize.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
And its not self defeating to bash the tactics of your own country by trying to paint the picture of us being a monster that tortures our enemies? You say its self defeating, by being self defeating.
That picture was painted the moment what we did happened, and that's not what you're mad about. You're mad that the light has been shined on our mistakes, because **** accountability. That never does anyone any good.

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
As much as I enjoy this debate... This thread is getting way off track.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
As much as I enjoy this debate... This thread is getting way off track.
I was thinking the same thing. This topic in general is getting beat to death :deadhorse. There are several threads on this topic going already no need to carry it in here. This topic isn't much different than the Missouri thread really. Everyone is in their corner and no one is going to change their point of view. So for **** sake please let it go.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Tis true. I digress on this topic from this point on. Thist is precisely the reason I don't respond to any of this on Facebook. You're not going to change the opinion of someone on a topic like this.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Back to real military conversation lol, it's funny to hear army and Air Force terms of a crew chief and how different it is from a navy crew chief. I'm a corpsman by job title, but I'm in school to be a crew chief for the MH-60S right now, but I definitely won't be working on them. I'm just the dude that rides in the back making sure the pilots systems don't crash, and doing search and rescue pickups along with medevac. I enjoy mechanics, but flying is way more fun lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Back to real military conversation lol, it's funny to hear army and Air Force terms of a crew chief and how different it is from a navy crew chief. I'm a corpsman by job title, but I'm in school to be a crew chief for the MH-60S right now, but I definitely won't be working on them. I'm just the dude that rides in the back making sure the pilots systems don't crash, and doing search and rescue pickups along with medevac. I enjoy mechanics, but flying is way more fun lol.

Pretty big transition going from med to transport.
Were you working on the blue side, or the green side as corpsman?

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
A little military humor. I think we all know that feeling.... :lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was blue side for my first duty station as a corpsman. Was an un designated airman on a ship before that. But now I'm going to be a search and rescue medical technician for my official title lol. Basically just dropping in to grab people that are jacked up. It's pretty cool cause I have gotten a lot of civilian certifications and if I decided to get out I'll already be a qualified flight paramedic. Those dudes start out making 6 figures a year with nothing more then maybe a bachelors

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Did anyone else just get a smaller paycheck?

Both my 1st and 15th are always 1570.14 or 1570.65

This check was 1537.19 and no backpay for taxes paid, missing family sep, and other missing extra pays... ****ing Finance told me it would be in my 15Dec pay

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
And that surprises you how?

Finance is never on top of their ****.

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
We got a 1% raise and 5% drop in BAH this fiscal year.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
We got a 1% raise and 5% drop in BAH this fiscal year.
1% raise is still a raise, just lower than the 1.8% of last year. Now instead of a penny and half... we get a penny.
5% drop in BAH only affects those PCSing or just joining. Others are grandfathered into highest rate they encountered at their current base.

Fine print bro

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

And that surprises you how?

Finance is never on top of their ****.
4 years of no issues... all of a sudden i get reduced pay and no benefits while deployed...?

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Did anyone else just get a smaller paycheck?

Both my 1st and 15th are always 1570.14 or 1570.65

This check was 1537.19 and no backpay for taxes paid, missing family sep, and other missing extra pays... ****ing Finance told me it would be in my 15Dec pay
my check was slightly larger than normal. about 50 bucks more. and that's strange because I just increased my tsp allotment

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
121 - 140 of 212 Posts