Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving to get my exhaust fixed and the final straw Happened noticed my car pulling very very hard to the right stop and find I'm riding on the ****ing rim luckily it's not bent. So now I need a new ****ing tire I can't afford my exhaust fixed , and my heads swapped out which I also really can't afford. So now if I can find a bank to loan me money ill be atleast 1,200 in the hole the heads will be atleast 400 + gaskets which are 230$ so there's 630 there then my exhaust put back together after they hacked my catback without my approval then now I need for sure a new tire but really need 4 new ones and its either my car or my new place I've been saving for , for 6 months **** my life.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Why are you swapping out the heads if you can't afford it?

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Sounds like you are having bit of bad luck, However you can find a used tire for little or nothing at a used tire shop to get you by until the funds get better.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Would the car be driveable after the one tire is fixed? Is this your only means of transport? Is the head swap for repair purposes or performance? Do you have a place to stay wile you accumulate funds? take one step at a time there, sort out your prioritys first lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
I hate to be the one to say it, but these cars can be money pits, especially when things start going wrong. Why are you driving it if you don't have the money?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sounds like you're doing a bunch of stuff with no budget i'd slow down and take it at a time thats what i do.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Sounds like you are having bit of bad luck, However you can find a used tire for little or nothing at a used tire shop to get you by until the funds get better.
This, a lot of people don't know about used tire shops. Very cheap tires there and you can find some decent ones

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Ive seen some tires with 1/2 to 3/4 tread left go for 10 dollars.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The head swap is for repair I have a burnt valve in cyl 8 and its my only mode of transportation and I've just hit the curse mileage for me between 125-130k miles I have nothing but trouble with my cars and I'm only at 126k. I'm only doing stuff that has to be done right now and this tire situation just blew it all out of control so now I'm further prioritizing.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Sounds like you're doing a bunch of stuff with no budget i'd slow down and take it at a time thats what i do.
+1. If you can't afford a tire and an exhaust fix and need to take out a loan you are not in good financial shape. You're not talking about big money here. Do what you need to get the car on the road and stop putting money into it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Possibly buy a beater for while with the money to swap heads and fix exhaust... sometimes you have to halt progress to make progress. Don't let anyone tell you that they haven't done it, if they they say they haven't they are just too ignorant to know it.

jason

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
junk yard tire or cl is your friend. financial problems suck, take a step back and figure out what you NEED to have done. if you have a place to say consider this a setback, get your transportation figured out so you can make it to work, start saving for a place again.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If ur still at home or have a current apartment why not wait a little bit, save some cash up, repair car for transportation to be able to go to work and said "new place", recuperate lost funds, then buy said "new place". Weather its an apartment/condo/house there will always be one better around the corner even if you let the one you think is perfect slip away and you certainly dont want any previous debt will paying a mortgage or rent, ya never know when life is going to throw u a little surprise in your way.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
i second the CL, or tire shop used tire solution - that'll be your best bet. Heck you might find a complete set of rims and tires cheaper than 1 new tire would cost you.

If it's becoming an unreliable money pit, consider buying a beater like others have mentioned. You can find reliable cars left and right for cheap if you just look.

I personally always try to have 2 running vehicles in my 'fleet'. Such a pita when your ONLY car/transportation breaks down. My insurance is actually cheaper to have the GT and have an F150 as my DD, then to only have and drive the GT.

I certainly don't wanna discourage your mustang love or tell you how to live life - so take it or leave it, but if you're young, and/or having money troubles - cars are a horrible horrible investment.

Too bad you're not local, I've got a small collection of rims/tires taking up space I'd be happy to hook you up with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
^^^^ thats the best solution... find some "friends". Actual friends that will help when needed that have the same hobby

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are none close friends wise people around here sorry about themselves and their pockets. The closest one I think is hihosilver he's about an hour from me. Found a tire on eBay for $55 but its waiting , the head is the most important I'm only getting 11mpg on good days right now because of this all.

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
found this for ya man idk if they still have them but there only 20$ a pop

tires 245/45 r18

and found these...
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/pts/3397449799.html

hope this helps i would have text back more earlyer but i was still hammerd from last night

and as the heads the best my buddy could do is 400$ or a lil less it sucks gaskets are fn 230$ and since he doesnt know you he wants cash up front to do it...

why did you take your car to the exhaust shop?

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thts fine I understand where your buddy is coming from I am just gonna have to order the cheap stuff off eBay cms or something it's $120 for the whole set is there any reusable gaskets?

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Thts fine I understand where your buddy is coming from I am just gonna have to order the cheap stuff off eBay cms or something it's $120 for the whole set is there any reusable gaskets?

I wouldn't personally but idk

- Sent from the cellular

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
found this for ya man idk if they still have them but there only 20$ a pop

tires 245/45 r18

and found these...
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/pts/3397449799.html

hope this helps i would have text back more earlyer but i was still hammerd from last night

and as the heads the best my buddy could do is 400$ or a lil less it sucks gaskets are fn 230$ and since he doesnt know you he wants cash up front to do it...

why did you take your car to the exhaust shop?
Your a life saver man I just got 3 Nittos with 3-4/32nds for $40 lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts