Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, recently my mustang has started making a new noise, it sounds almost exactly like the sound of blowing air across the top of a beer bottle. I'm wondering if this is due to a vacuum leak, maybe a gasket, I have no idea, but its loud and annoying, I plan to have it checked out but would love some feedback

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At first I noticed it only when the car was warmed up, but now its even when the engine is cold, I played around with the a/c to see if it got louder, but it didn't. It gets louder when I'm idle at a stop light its so annoying

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bone stock, i took it to a technician the other day and had him look at it, he said it sounded related to the brake booster (I could only hear the noise inside the the car, when idle with my foot on the brake) but apparently the brake booster is fine, he said it had to do with something else...with pressure running across something...I couldn't really remember or understand what he was talking about. All I know now is that its not something breaking...its just a new annoying sound I have to deal with :(

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
If you can try to pinpoint it better, do some troubleshooting to eliminate some things, find out when it does it most, you say with foot on brake at stop. Does it do it more than normal while braking at speeds or just at idle?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its loudest when idling at a stop with my foot on the brake (it becomes noticeable while im braking from speeds, and hits full volume when at a stop). I've tested reving in neutral and the noise disappears when reving, and returns once idle rpm) and as I mentioned before, its only audible from within the the car, I cant hear it when listening under the hood. I'll try to listen for a specific spot on the car that its coming from tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help so far I really appreciate it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts