Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when i first start my car up after its been sitting awhile (overnight) it burns oil, then after warming up it stops, i was guessin the piston rings are shot n slowly leakin overnight, if so, any suggestions on rings/pistons, should i replace both? and about how long would that project take

thanks for the input!!:yourock

·
Registered
102 Posts
ok so when i first start my car up after its been sitting awhile (overnight) it burns oil, then after warming up it stops, i was guessin the piston rings are shot n slowly leakin overnight, if so, any suggestions on rings/pistons, should i replace both? and about how long would that project take

thanks for the input!!:yourock
It sounds like a valve guide/seal issue, and some oil is collecting in the cylinders after you turn it off. (I could be wrong). If it was your rings then I believe it would be burning oil all the time. Let some other people respond to your post to see what they say.

Until you get it fixed try some high mileage oil that has seal conditioners and that might help. But like most problems, it will get worse, so get it checked out sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
seals or it could be oil pooling in your intake due to the PCV system sucking oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts