Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i changed my oil about a month ago, i checked it last night and its bone dry on the dipstick. wtf. its not leaking any at all. i knew it was burning oil cause it smokes real bad when i rev it, but i didnt know it was that bad. what could be causing this?? only thing i was thinking is my rings. is there anything else??

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
rings or valve seals. Do a leak down test on it and it will tell you if the rings are bad. My guess is going to be worn out valve seals

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
need the gauges with the connections and then a compressor. some say to set the piston at TDC while others say to have it at the very bottom of the stroke but from what ive read they both work.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i changed the oil tonight and poured the old oil in the 5 quart jug and it filled up to almost the 2 quart mark. haha. it burned almost 3 1/2 quarts in a month.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
thats really bad. theres definitely a problem with valve seal and/or piston ring...or lack thereof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.