Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, so before i put my car back on the road in the spring i wanted to install an oil catch can for it and just wanted to make sure i had the routing right. My car has a p1sc on it, currently has the passenger side pcv connected to the plenum, and the driver side valve side runs to the procharger inlet pipe...

i wanted to get a catch can with a breather on it, and run both the valves to each side of the catch can. all the catch cans i see usually have only 2 connectors so my question is what happens to the connection on the plenum? would i have to run a T fitting and connect both driver and passenger sides and then connect to one side of the can, and then the other can connector runs back to the plenum nozzle?

does that sound right?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or maybe i should just get a non breather oil catch can, and just "splice" into the passenger side going into the plenum and leave the driver valve going into the p1sc inlet? probably a better option since most of the oil i see comes from that side

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You run both valve covers to a catch can with a breather on it and cap off the plenum nozzle.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
I run both my valve covers vented into my catch can and I have my catch can going into my S/C powerpipe.

I want sucktion to help vent the crank case.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, thats what ill do then. so do you still have a breather on the catch can if your connecting it back to the powerpipe?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No there is no breather if you set it up going to the powerpipe
ok just checking, thanks a lot for the help. the catch can i got has 3 ports so thatll be perfect. its crazy how much oil some people collect with these things. should have done this a lot earlier!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts