Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gotta do my first oil change and I'm a little over due. I was wondering what oil and filter everyone uses, or if anyone had any suggestions. Also my last car had to this stupid crush washer I needed to buy with every oil change, I was wondering if my 13 GT has that also? Gonna put my intake on and plug in the tuner for the first time so I'm pretty pumped! Anyway thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Another oil thread. Yippee!:eek:uttahere:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry sometimes it sucks digging through almost 200 pages of threads.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Another oil thread. Yippee!:eek:uttahere:
well thanks for helping:spankit . Heres an idea :icon_idea: don't post if you have nothing useful to add.
Anyway o.p. I use amsoil 5w30 with a wix filter

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Amsoil Signature Series 5w or 10w-30 with an Amsoil EA017 filter.

These cars don't use crush washers on the oil drain plug, the gasket is built into the drain plug and is reusable.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
well thanks for helping:spankit . Heres an idea :icon_idea: don't post if you have nothing useful to add.
Anyway o.p. I use amsoil 5w30 with a wix filter
Actually I did have something useful to say. If you don't like my response put me on ignore.:nopity:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
The dealer does my oil changes. A little more expensive but...

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Anybody remember german Castrol? I wonder if you can still get it...
Bob is the oil guy dot com used to have tons of oil info to geek out on
You can, but it'd likely have to be imported and bring along a high price tag. True Group IV synthetic oils can't be beat. Just buy Amsoil Signature Series, run it for 10-15k miles between changes and be done with it. If you're worried about the outdated "Change every 5k miles" bullcrap, get a used oil analysis with a Total Base Number test and you'll see that your wear metals will be super low and the oil will still have life left.

If you don't want to buy a "boutique" oil, Pennzoil Ultra with the API SN rating is the best "on the shelf" synthetic there is.

but....you get a lower quality oil. lol.....But what?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info. My car is 6 months old at the end of the month and only has 2800 miles on it, if that. So I will probably order the amsoil and filters you all have recommended and change it once I get it.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Thanks for the info. My car is 6 months old at the end of the month and only has 2800 miles on it, if that. So I will probably order the amsoil and filters you all have recommended and change it once I get it.
You could also just grab royal purple from an o'reilys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
IIRC Royal Purple changed formulations recently and doesn't hold up as well as it used to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i use Castrol edge titanium and a motorcraft FL500

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
I have the maint. plan and let them change it still. Since I have that and the warranty and they are mod friendly, keeps them off my back when something does break.

if I ever start pushing the car much harder than I do, I might just start doing my own oil changes, but for right now, the motorcraft stuff has been fine. Gets changed every 5K miles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts