Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have an 03 gt sohc mustang with a vortech supercharger im having a problem with oil coming out of my dipstick when i hook vacuum up to the driverside valve cover my question is if there is supposed to be a pcv valve on that valve cover because the guy i got it from just had breather filters on it

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
id hate to say this but u might wanna do a compression test. i had a super coupe that was doing that and it was burnt up rings. i think its called blow by? i hope its not the case for u

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
it's a symptom of blow by, but could be something else pcv related as well.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
id hate to say this but u might wanna do a compression test. i had a super coupe that was doing that and it was burnt up rings. i think its called blow by? i hope its not the case for u
it's a symptom of blow by, but could be something else pcv related as well.
Both are true. Usually blowing out dipsticks is due to excessive crankcase pressure. Crankcase pressure is a function of both what's going in (blowby or boost) and what's going out (PCV.)

How is your PCV system hooked up? Keep in mind you need to either run both valve covers to the intake, or both as breathers. No mixing and matching.

If you have both hooked up to the intake, make sure you have PCV valve(s) in place. Where do your hoses go? They either need to go right to a vacuum source (pre blower) or if they are post blower they need a PCV valve. If there is no valve or it has failed, when you go into boost you're pressurizing your crankcase, which would cause the symptoms you mentioned.

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that answers my question then. Its hooked up to the intake pipe between blower and tb. Pass valve cover goes into tb small port next to the bigger port which leads to intake pipe. Then the second port on the intake now leads to driver valve cover. Which doesnt have a pcv valve and pushes a ton of air

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i havent. Thought about it

·
chrome wont get you home
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i put the pcv valve in and it didnt help. Still blows air past the pcv valve. What i wanna know is what kind of pcv systems do you guys have on your sohc mustangs keep in mind i need it to pass smog with this set up. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts