Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I was looking for this on the forum, forgive me for not knowing, I have noticed that most 1999-2004 Mustang GT's have the filler cap right next to the cold air intake so if I am facing the engine it is on the left. But get this on mine I have it on the opposite side, I saw this when looking at pics on Google of mustang engines for 99-04 mustang gt's. I have heard someone say that it just depends which factory made the car. I don't know, maybe someone can shed some light on this subject. :D

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
K your car is prolly an 01-04 if it has the oil fill on driver side. This is because 99- beginning of 01 our cars motors and heads were built in windsor Ontario and have 13 and 14 valve cover bolts and the oil fill is on the passenger side.... In md 01 they started coming from Romeo Michigan and have 11 valve cover bolts and the oil fill is on driver side. Hope this answers your question

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K your car is prolly an 01-04 if it has the oil fill on driver side. This is because 99- beginning of 01 our cars motors and heads were built in windsor Ontario and have 13 and 14 valve cover bolts and the oil fill is on the passenger side.... In md 01 they started coming from Romeo Michigan and have 11 valve cover bolts and the oil fill is on driver side. Hope this answers your question

Yeah thanks man, this really helps, this explains why I had to buy 2002 coil plugs for what I thought was a 1999 Mustang GT. Thanks again my friend, this helps alot...:):)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
01-04 the oil fill is on the pass side. Acually I think all 99-04 are on the pass side. I think the non PI heads have them on the driver side

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
the old 96-98 motors had driver side oil fills. i have windsor heads on my car and its passenger side as well. i have worked on a lot of non pi motors and all of them had a non raised driver side oil fill. bullits also have driver side fills from what i know

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked it out it has an 11 bolt pattern, vin sais it is 99 gt, could the engine have been replaced? Since I had to get the 2002 Coil plugs, I just don't know where the number for the engine is located? This is crucial since I am adding the stage 2 clutch and do not want to order the wrong one....

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Not exactly...

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
I checked it out it has an 11 bolt pattern, vin sais it is 99 gt, could the engine have been replaced? Since I had to get the 2002 Coil plugs, I just don't know where the number for the engine is located? This is crucial since I am adding the stage 2 clutch and do not want to order the wrong one....
Very well possible.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That would really suck if someone put a NPI motor in that car. I have never seen a 99-04 car with a drivers side oil fill. My 97 has a 04 motor in it and my oil fill is on the passengers side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would really suck if someone put a NPI motor in that car. I have never seen a 99-04 car with a drivers side oil fill. My 97 has a 04 motor in it and my oil fill is on the passengers side.
Now I need to find the number on the block where ever it may be to really find out........:(

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
4Vs have it on the driver's side. Or at least mine does.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea take a picture, maybe you dont realise you have a 4V? That would be the tits

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Ya Romeo are on drivers side..... Windsors are on passenger side... The heads on a 4v are huge. You would know it if they were. You got a Romeo head on your motor. It may be a Romeo motor but you would have to check vins.... Shawn is mistaken is his assumption and should google it so he can give you a right answer

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
99-04 4.6 2v's have the oil filler on the passenger side

here is a pick of an 01+ 4.6, i know its not 99-00 cause of the water pump pulley... it looks NOTHING like mine.

EDIT: you can also tell cause of the injector color. 99-00 have yellow/orange injectors.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Ya Romeo are on drivers side..... Windsors are on passenger side... The heads on a 4v are huge. You would know it if they were. You got a Romeo head on your motor. It may be a Romeo motor but you would have to check vins.... Shawn is mistaken is his assumption and should google it so he can give you a right answer
That is absolutely, 100% incorrect. 99.999% of Romeo MUSTANG engines had passenger's side oil fills. The Bullitt was an exception to that because of the intake, and the part number for Bullitt valve covers interchanges with the 96-98 GT's engines, not an 01-04.

Crown Vic PI engines did have driver's side oil fill, which is a popular (cheap) engine to get ahold of for a swap, which may explain this situation perfectly.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts