Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Can you tell poor girl has been abused, but she will shine again soon....
Thanks guys you are all awesome, I am grateful for all the replies... Much love to the Mustang nation....!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
El Paso, TX Yeah I bought her this way, I am thinking all black w/same size stripes but chrome(Metallic) red stripes. Bought off of Craigslist, unfortunately the nice guy I bought it from did not do anything to give her justice, I checked the VIN had 4 other owners before me, they were tossing her around like a sailor in hurricane. I was lucky got her for 4000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Before my yellow beast I had bought my wife this Beauty, it's a V6, and now we share in our love for the machines we call Mustang!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
was hoping you were closer to odessa lol

you have a mod list for the car?[/QUOTE

Nope, just what I can see for now, the guy before gave me no list

C&L Mustang Upper Intake Plenum
BBK Long Tube Headers
O/R X Pipe
C and L Cold air intake

Soon Stage 2 Clutch Kit

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
looking at the tag on the driverside valve cover will give you some help with the build date/etc.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
That's a PI intake, at least. Albeit one that's leaking from not having the aluminum coolant crossover.

Those tags show that it's probably a 00 engine, with that early of a build date, which would typically mean that it's a Windsor engine or the valve covers came off an NPI Crown Vic from 2000.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
based on the valve cover & the alternator, thats a 2000 crown victoria motor (unfortunately non-PI)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
That's a PI intake, at least. Albeit one that's leaking from not having the aluminum coolant crossover.

Those tags show that it's probably a 00 engine, with that early of a build date, which would typically mean that it's a Windsor engine or the valve covers came off an NPI Crown Vic from 2000.
Dude you hit it right on the nail with the leak, in the pic of the engine where I am facing it head on you can see the block is a little rusty color on the driver side of the engine. You are good my friend....:eek:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Well, I also said it probably had a crown vic engine in it a few pages back, but I was thinking it was at least a PI Crown Vic engine from 02+. Half right by guessing is better than no-right, I guess......... lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
based on the valve cover & the alternator, thats a 2000 crown victoria motor (unfortunately non-PI)

Well ugh funny thing about that, I actually swapped out the stock alternator with the Lincoln alternator, from a junkyard, I did not want to wait to buy a new one at the time, since in El Paso, GT parts get sold right away, I found this alternator instead and spliced the wiring, has not let me down yet. If you notice there is no mounting bracket at the top. It was to big for the bracket

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Well ugh funny thing about that, I actually swapped out the stock alternator with the Lincoln alternator, from a junkyard, I did not want to wait to buy a new one at the time, since in El Paso, GT parts get sold right away, I found this alternator instead and spliced the wiring, has not let me down yet. If you notice there is no mounting bracket at the top. It was to big for the bracket
that very simular to what would have been on the CV thats why I mentioned it.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts