Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
my oil fill was on the driver side, but it is now on the passenger side. Changed when i went from windsor to romeo heads

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Well, you know they're Crown Vic valve covers.
You know that's an early PI intake for sure.

With the intake leaking, I say pull it off to replace it, and then you'll know exactly what you have. There's no mistaking PI intake ports from NPIs.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I have a drivers side oil fill on my romeo heads....... granted, i got them from someone else due to a cracked one "oil filler was on passenger side on the others". but, its a romeo head with a drivers side filler none the less

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well, you know they're Crown Vic valve covers.
You know that's an early PI intake for sure.

With the intake leaking, I say pull it off to replace it, and then you'll know exactly what you have. There's no mistaking PI intake ports from NPIs.
Do you recommend the aluminum cross over?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Unless you want to replace it again, yes....
I most definitely will change it. I guess now with all the info I have received I just need to determine how I am gonna go about getting the clutch, I believe A.M. sells the range for the stage 2 which I want from 86-mid 01, than mid 01-04 I guess just finding out which range to order without having to buy the wrong range year, :sorry

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I most definitely will change it. I guess now with all the info I have received I just need to determine how I am gonna go about getting the clutch, I believe A.M. sells the range for the stage 2 which I want from 86-mid 01, than mid 01-04 I guess just finding out which range to order without having to buy the wrong range year, :sorry
Anyone know if the Crown Vic has the 6 or 8 bolt flywheel? OP, there is a difference in flywheels for the Windsor vs Romero, 6 or 8 bolt.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Anyone know if the Crown Vic has the 6 or 8 bolt flywheel? OP, there is a difference in flywheels for the Windsor vs Romero, 6 or 8 bolt.
+1 I'd figure out which motor & trans I had before I ordered a clutch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
wow. id scrap that whole car..waaay to many question marks on that thing lol... good luck!
I can't do that now, this baby's got potential, just need to dissect her and really get to know every inch of this thing, besides quitting is for losers, checked out the vin she's clean, if anything I can always buy a new engine, lets not go to extremes now. LOL :tomato

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Either way I will have to order parts anyway if they fit they fit, and if they don't than just the hassle of sending them back and trying again, I was just hoping to get the job done right the first time around, the car is not worth it if you do not add blood, sweat, and tears, into it, and right now I do not mind all the tears knowing that soon they will be tears of joy. Too corny I know, but well worth the hassle.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
wow. id scrap that whole car..waaay to many question marks on that thing lol... good luck!
why... ive seen a lot worse and owned worse. the car is a lil rough yeah but i dont see how you can justify scraping it.... car has a lot on the table to offer.

fuego, as long as youre happy with it thats all that counts. oh and btw, that lil 6er you posted looks good too

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
So he has a non pi motor in it? That sucks man, not to be an asshole, but it does. I would be pissed.

But theres a guy selling ported PI heads on SVTperformance for $450 shipped. If I were you, I would hop on that asap

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
To be honest, noone still knows what motor's in it. The engine has an early PI intake on it. It has NPI Crown Vic valve covers. He said it's a Romeo, so he knows it's not the original engine. It has a Lincoln alternator, which fooled the masses into knowing it was an NPI Crown Vic engine, but the OP came back and said that he swapped the alternator, because the original one went out, and that the brackets didn't fit, which means that it may not be an NPI Crown Vic engine.

I think that sums it up. It's a mystery until he pulls the intake, or finds the casting numbers on the heads or block.

OP, one more question:

Does is have a single bolt holding the belt tensioner on, or does it have 3 bolts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
To be honest, noone still knows what motor's in it. The engine has an early PI intake on it. It has NPI Crown Vic valve covers. He said it's a Romeo, so he knows it's not the original engine. It has a Lincoln alternator, which fooled the masses into knowing it was an NPI Crown Vic engine, but the OP came back and said that he swapped the alternator, because the original one went out, and that the brackets didn't fit, which means that it may not be an NPI Crown Vic engine.

I think that sums it up. It's a mystery until he pulls the intake, or finds the casting numbers on the heads or block.

OP, one more question:

Does is have a single bolt holding the belt tensioner on, or does it have 3 bolts?
good question i will take a look today buddy, and give you results a little later in the afternoon...!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Than I believe you may be right, thanks for the heads up and all, I know it sucks not seeing the engine first hand here but thanks for all the info man I really appreciate it.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts