Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so loosing the battle with my 01gt..... I have been noticing that I have been getting alot of oil coming from the driver side crankcase tubing that leads into the cold air intake and is getting sucked up into my intake plenum and getting all over my mass air causing it to run like crap! How in the world do I stop this problem or is it actually a big problem with the motor its self? because it keeps on fouling out my plugs and I can only imagine since its getting into my intake that its reaking havoc on my injectors also. Thanks so much guys for your help it has saved me so much time in the past so now I ask the mustang gods to bless me again with wisdom.

·
Registered
915 Posts
head gasket??? Intake gasket????

Let it run and spray Carb cleaner around the intake manifold. If it dies down in a certian spot then viola!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its coming up through the plastic tubing that connects from the valvecover on the drivers side across the motor and then connects to the intake tube between the throttle body and mass air sensor. ive already checked for other leaks with carb cleaner and cant find any at all

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have seen this on my 02 when I took off my CAI to reach my spark plugs. It was very small amount. Acutaly noticed it when I put the tube down, there was a small drop of oil that came out. Are you seeing it outside the tube or when you disconnect it, you see the oil?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thats what I figured, wasnt worried about it since the air goes from the intake to the manifold, and the manifold is where I found the small amount of oil, so if anything the air will blow it back down :yes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would the loss of cylinder 1 and 4 cause higher then normal crank case pressure to push the oil up the tube like the into the intake? Im going to try and take some pics of the spark plugs to see what every one thinks about what happened. Also does any one have any plans on how to make a oil catch? The ones that I searched all the pics were gone so you couldnt view them.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Not sure, but if you just want a quick fix, I think you can just get an inline oil separator for an air compressor and use it as an inline oil separator the same way. Some of them actually look cool, too. Make sure whatever you use it has a drain at the bottom.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright im gonna make a oil seperator tonight for it. There is only one big problem though.... Now the oil isnt just alittle bit but a **** load is getting in there i noticed today. I am seriously beating my head against the wall on why so much oil is coming up through that pipe and im not using a supercharger nor turbo or nos. What would cause so much pressure in the crank case to force that much oil through that tube? The car does have 85000 miles on it. Would it be a bad head or is my motor on its way out the door???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts