Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have oil coming out from my air cleaner... What can cause this? It's all over the inside of the piping as well, I am completely lost..

·
Registered
890 Posts
This happened to me buttttttt I forgot how I fixed it :D lol........
You could always get a catch can

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the intake, how did it reverse all the way up the intake manifold through the Cai and out the filter? It's not a little amount either it's a pretty good sized pool.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
How is it running. Is there any fuel dillution in the oil

·
Registered
929 Posts
Excessive crankcase pressure is forcing oil from under the valve cover out through the breather tube that connects to the intake tube, just before the throttle body. This is caused by "blowby" from poor piston ring seal, an ineffective PCV system or a combination of the two. Even new motors have blowby in a small amount, but as engine wear takes it's toll it can increase to the point where the PCV system can no longer handle it. Make sure your PCV system is working correctly first, before you get too worried. You can do a compression test to determine the condition of the ring seal.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Two things you can do:

1. Replace your PCV valve.

2. Remove the hose from the driver side valve cover and install a breather and plug off the CAI where the hose connects.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pcv all the way. oil will find its path of least resistance and if your pcv is clogged... it goes right back into the intake. routine maintenance can save you a lot of headaches in the long run.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Didnt over oil your air filter by chance did you?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
2. Remove the hose from the driver side valve cover and install a breather and plug off the CAI where the hose connects.
:no That will allow unmetered air to enter through the breather, make its way through the crankcase and PCV valve into the intake tract. Unmetered air = bad.

·
Registered
496 Posts
most likely time for a new PCV valve and I would replace the hose that connects from the PCV valve to the Plenum. There is an updated hose.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the PCV Valve thanks for the help on it guys

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I didnt over oil my air filter, and it was engine oil anyway.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
drive your car around till it warms up. then pull the oil cap off and if it looks like a puffs alot of smoke you got some blow by issues.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The motorbonly has 8000 miles on it though. Bought it as a long block from nappa, heads and everything already on.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The motorbonly has 8000 miles on it though. Bought it as a long block from nappa, heads and everything already on.
The ring may not have seated yet if it's that fresh, although they should be by now, IMO. Did you follow any break-in procedures? Since it is a new engine, I would certainly check it over and do a compression check as soon as possible. If there is a problem, you may be covered under warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts