Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so there's an oil leak on the front of my engine and i traced it up to where the base of the distributor is, so i was wondering if oil could be leaking out of there or the intake gasket because i cant really tell and it looks like it could be either one. whats more common to leak? and how hard would it be to fix?

Oh and when I'm at an idle and my engine is warmed up the oil pressure is on the line right above the red area and raises with the rpms. when i get to 2k the oil pressure is at the middle of the gauge and never goes over that but yet still drops with the rpms

I'm running Valvoline 10w40

thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Better off putting a mechanical gauge on there and seeing what your pressure is really at. How many miles are on the engine?

Oil won't come from an intake gasket as far as I've seen. The only way oil can even make it there is if it gets past the intake bolts and then past a bad gasket. Not saying it's impossible, but I've never seen it. Have you checked your valve cover gaskets? That would be a more likely suspect IMO.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yea I have an oil leak to but mine is really bad I'm leaking on the same spot. The oil pan gasket and I think my rear main seal is gone to.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's about 80k on the motor and I wanna say its the ditributor but it might be coming from the passenger side valve cover. The reason I say the distributor is because that's where most of the oil is coiming from and the trail goes down the front of the engine but its also on the front of the vavle cover to

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
front of the intake is prob leaking. Someone prob pinched a cork gasket there

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
one hand on the shaft, other fist in the ass

·
Registered
36 Posts
+1 for intake gasket

·
Registered
36 Posts
fairly easy. i recommend the rubber gaskets with a few dabs of RTV.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
none of them put a thick bead of rtv in the front and rear

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so when I take it off then put it back on I should just put a bead of rtv where it was leaking?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
yeah just good high temp rtv. Dont do the orange one it looked retarted lolz

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
and dont pull the dizzy when you pull the lower. You can get the lower out just takes some wiggling

1 - 20 of 25 Posts